Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine >

Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine

Notices

Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine

Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine

Looking for the previous owner of the 1992 24' Baja outlaw with the 509 blower motor that I bought from Lake cumberland Marine. Need to talk to you. Not looking to make you lieable for any thing just trying to get titles for boat and trailer. Please Help anyone. It was supposed of come from PA and the previous owner traded this boat and an older outerlimits for a newer outerlimits. You can repond to this post our send a PM. Thanks alot in advanced.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Maybe it was USCG documented and doesn't have a title????

You can possibly search that option here http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/index.html

Otherwise, you will have to do a state by state HIN search.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Maybe it was USCG documented and doesn't have a title????

You can possibly search that option here http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/index.html

Otherwise, you will have to do a state by state HIN search.
I have no name or numbers what so ever on the boat to do a search . I have a have a bill of sale. I am aware of documentation but alot of people do not so It will be hard to sell.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered

Why didn't LCM have it already?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

The boat is to small to be USCG documented.

That sucks, sorry to hear. Do a search in the Baja forum, I remember them talking about that boat some time ago.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try starting a thread at www.teambajamarine.com
Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

was it a procharged motor?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Registered

was it all white or did it have gel graphix with sm gen 3headers maybe purple with a fg swim plateform out of PA if so I might have a info saved on it. it was a 92 or 94
Old 12-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
was it all white or did it have gel graphix with sm gen 3headers maybe purple with a fg swim plateform out of PA if so I might have a info saved on it. it was a 92 or 94
Solid white no graphix. No pro charger it has a 6-71 blower shop. Purple steering wheel red swim plate form. Bravo 1 with Imco lower. Drew marine steering stabilizers. Was told at time of sale that title would be mailed. 3 months later after several emails and calls was told there was something wrong with title and previous owner was waiting on PA to send him a new title. So they sold me a boat knowing they didnt have a title. Sounds criminal to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered

Not the first time I heard of this from LCM. I was interested in a 35 Fountain they had a couple of years ago. The title was about 2 previous owners behind ... I just walked away. I wish you the best of luck ... The reality of the situation is, depending on the individual state laws, and, although you have a "bill of sale", you may not legally own the boat. The title holder is the "legal owner" in many situations, even if you have a "bill of sale" (which could constitute fraud, grand theft, theft by deception, just to name a few, depending on the state, if the entity that sold you the boat doesn't have power of attorney to the title, or is not the title holder). Remember National Marine?

I had problems getting a title to one boat that I bought. I had a notarized bill of sale, on the marine dealer's letterhead, signed by the owner of the dealership. Dealer said I would get the title in the mail within 30 days; even the contract that was on the back of their letterhead said that, signed by the dealership owner. When it didn't show up in 60 days, and they only gave me lame excuses, I started checking it out myself. I was told by DMV, Dept of Natural Resources boat titling division, Department of Fish and Wildlife, local police, and a host of government agencies "good luck, we suggest you hire an attorney". I eventually got my title but nearly went crazy in the process. NEVER AGAIN ... If they don't have a clear title in hand (and in THEIR name), I'm not interested, there are some legitimate deals out there .... and lots that aren't!

Last edited by bob_t; 12-15-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.