Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat >

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Old 12-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It will not be as detailed as the MTI period!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
It will not be as detailed as the MTI period!
Really? So you base your professional opinion on the fact you've actually seen both boats in person?? I'm just confused as to what makes you think a "themed" boat would be more detailed as a boat that was actually built in joint with the actual theme company??

Last edited by thisistank; 12-18-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Club Drew
unique mix AMG&Cigerette good luck
Is that a politically correct term for the proper expression...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great news on joining with one of the most respected performance monikers of our time. This can't be anything but good for the industry. Our GEICO Caveman/Mercury Cigarette's workmanship was beautiful!

and yes, I have seen the rendering of the AMG cig. truly amazing and will compliment Gino's (Gary/Randy) groundbreaking piece beautifully.

I know Skip (CLK Black) and I (S65) are big AMG fans, It's motivating to see someone take the initive and follow through on a vision. Congrats skip!

Marc
Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Really? So you base your professional opinion on the fact you've actually seen both boats in person?? I'm just confused as to what makes you think a "themed" boat would be more detailed as a boat that was actually built in joint with the actual theme company??

Take a chill Tank. He didn't say a word about Phil, no need to get worked up.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone ever seen more detailed pieces than the MTI theme boats? The car is the new SLC and may have some cigarette badging but really what can they do? The boat will not have the detail of the MTI such as dash, controls, console, or seating so what can they do? The mercedes Mti was a remarkable piece and regardless of who collaborates with who what could they do? Possibly an AMG powered cigarette but it is hard enough for Mercedes to keep one AMG running long much less twin powerplants. I may be proven wrong but I feel it is a safe bet.

I would rather see Cigarette collaborate with Chevrolet and do a Duramax boat!
Old 12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Take a chill Tank. He didn't say a word about Phil, no need to get worked up.
HAHAH! It's all good. It just rubbed be the wrong way. How can you make a judgement call on something you've never seen? That was my only point.

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Has anyone ever seen more detailed pieces than the MTI theme boats? The car is the new SLC and may have some cigarette badging but really what can they do? The boat will not have the detail of the MTI such as dash, controls, console, or seating so what can they do? The mercedes Mti was a remarkable piece and regardless of who collaborates with who what could they do? Possibly an AMG powered cigarette but it is hard enough for Mercedes to keep one AMG running long much less twin powerplants. I may be proven wrong but I feel it is a safe bet.

I would rather see Cigarette collaborate with Chevrolet and do a Duramax boat!
Yea, I'd say the Looney Tunes boat was actually more detailed...so was the Batman boat (in my opinion). I think the Mercedes boat is nice, no doubt about it. But Like I said above, to form an opinion with out knowledge is... well, foolish. But it's all good, you're definately intitled to your opinion, even if it is un-informed.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its always cool to see something different.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 ---- i was just waiting on Tank to post this.... about time, bro!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
They say its a colloboration between AMG and Cigarette, not a theme boat. And, if it is the actual factory (AMG), that is working with Cig, it would make Gino's boat one expensive un-authorized knock-off.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.