If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby Platinum Member Need-the-Speed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 24 CS, 2002 31 Fiesta Vee, 2005 Xtreme Cooler ATC
    Watkins Glen, New York

Great first run!!

Just wanted to let everyone on the board know that I was able to get the boat out today for the first time since Oct. 1st. . The motors fired instantly and didn't have any problems (thank God) . I let them warm up for about 5 -10 minutes and headed out to good old Seneca lake (Finger lake). I started out in 1-3 footers with no problems roughly about 55-60. The further I headed up the lake (42 miles long) the rougher it got. I mean she turned into a nasty b#$ch. It went from 1 -3's to 4 + footers with wide troff's. I slammed the trim down and ran it full out. I was in and out of the air. My RPM's were bouncing around like crazy! I kept on going until (I think) I landed in a troff and smashed one of my trim tabs up so hard I popped a hydro line. The tab went limp. When I turned back I was heading into the wind, let me tell you! I proceeded to stuff the front end TWICE in two miles. I GOT SOAKED! I also froze my balls off. The water temp was about 40. When I got back, I checked out the tab and sure enough I had a hose clamp breack off, Thank god It was an easy fix (5 mins. ) Everything else looked great. Can't wait for the rest of the summer. My top speed was about 67. Now, I know my first day experience is probably like a walk in the park for some of you but I thought I'd tell it any way . Have a great Night!
    Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 04-13-2002 at 12:54 AM.

My Boats:
    2000 Powerquest Avenger
    Big Rapids, MI

Congratulations, another real boater!

need the speed,

Good job, there's a lot of these guys who need to be shamed into getting their boats out before June!!!! LOL

Need-the-speed, Sounds like you had a good run! Next week the boat is out of storage! Can't wait!!

"there's a lot of these guys who need to be shamed into getting their boats out before June!!!!"

We're trying, we're trying ... but it's tough when there's still ice in your slip ... and dangerous when it's still going below freezing some nights. Just a couple more weeks ...

My Boats:
    2009 FORMULA 292
    Lake George, NY it's not called "Queen of American Lakes" for nothin'!
    AWESOME DUDE! Glad you a great day. We are hoping for no rain tomorrow and we will be running the Skater!

My Boats:
    1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
    Lake St. Clair, Canada
    Just got off the boat, it was in the low 50's and Lake Erie was 45 but it was a fun ride no matter what.