If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Hey Mike for me it is plain and simple. Go with the Dodge. For one you have one and you like it. You will be even happier with this one as it is newer and it has the larger cab!!!! YOu have no idea how much nicer it is to have the larger cab untill you start to drive it for a bit then get into a regular cab truck. If he is asking 15000 before bikkering then you should be able to get him way down. What is trade in on that truck? You should be able to get at leaste that for a price. The dealership was asking 38,000 for my truck and I paid 28,000. So the used market is real soft still and you have all the power. Get the truck that is going to be easiest for you to pay for. You do not want to regret buying the damn thing after because it is hard to make the payments.

Put your best foot forward!

st. clair shores mi ,us
    Mike ,
    I would wait a while, deals will come along. Bot those trucks sound nice put a little high. Drive yours as long as you can and keep shopping. For that kind of money you could buy a little older (96-97) 2500 /Cummins and you would be WAY better off.
    Just my opinion.

My Boats:
    Formula 292-Sold! :(
    Southwest, FL
    I work at a Chevy/Dodge dealership. I agree with Sunsation32, those prices seem a little high. Check us out and if you see anything you like (or just want some info), call me @240-299-0995 and I'll be happy to help!

My Boats:
    27 Progression O/B twin 225 Mercs
    decisions decisions... dodge sounds like a good deal .. personally i like the look of the dodges and they seem to run well .. although i am a gm guy.. local marinas around here seem to favor the dodges ... good luck on your search.. keep us posted..

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri
    I think the chevy is a better truck, no doubt that Dodge makes a nice truck and very popular. Does the dodge still use the solid front axel? When I looked at them new in 98 they did and that turned me off. It rode rougher than both the Chevy and the Ford I also test drove, ended up buying a Ford because GM was on stike and the dealers thought the PU's they had on the lot were gold. So I bought a Ford and than bought another one last year because I still haven't forgiven the local GM dealer for being a jerk last time.

The dodge did seem to have a larger interior than the other two.

Check for prices of used. It's a little high maybe a grand to $1500 depending on the options, also it's the wrong time of year to be selling a 4x4 so you should be able to get a better deal.
    Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-14-2002 at 10:11 PM.

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    hey WF,
    Are you trading in the dodge?? If not I'm looking to sell my 4 door Tahoe for an excursion PSD, you were in my truckat the fun run at metro last year. NO I DONT TAKE TRADE IN's. Who'd want a dodge anyway!!! Just kidding, I couldn't resist! 96 Tahoe SLT, 90K on it, black 4x4 grey leather, tow package, Vortec motor, and I'm a religious Mobil 1 user, plus the chrome 2002 denali rims. Cmon WF, you'd be pimpin behind the titnted glass!!
    Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 04-14-2002 at 10:14 PM.

My Boats:
    1998 PowerQuest 240 Antera SX
    Twin Lake, Michigan
    Keep shopping around Mike. I think you can get a better deal than that. Otherwise, go with your gut.

Charter Member #655 Charter Member dyno's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Sonic 31ss
    Holland, Michigan
    Come on Mike you got to make the switch to a winner!!!!buy the Chevy!!!!!dont be in a hurry I think there will be some deals around........I'm going to start looking soon too,I want a 3/4 ton Suburban....VanDams have a nice one want to buy the wifes Tahoe? I'll make you a good deal.....
    If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?

Hey Waterfoul, I like the post somebody else said about everybody makes lemons and everybody make good ones! I towed my 22' DCB (a little lighter then the Waterfoul) with my 94 GMC and never had a problem towing, I traded it a 117,000 miles (hard miles) and bought my F350. I know a lot of guys who really like the dodges, but I swore by my GMC until I felt like it was wore out. You gotta do what feels best, but I'd lean toward the chevy.

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336 SR1 525SC's
    Holland, Mich

lets look at this one!!!

1998 CHEVROLET SILVERADO, 67,000 miles, exhaust and bedliner, loaded w/ out leather, 350 Vortec V8 engine, 3rd door, $15,500 OBO. Zeeland, MI. 616-772-6613.
    Last edited by Rambunctious; 07-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast