Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/221865-sneak-peak-fastest-42-tiger-engine.html)

offshoredrillin 12-31-2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3015384)
Are you all still going to dyno by us with all the marine gear?

If anyone can make it right Mark, you can!

for those newbies that dont know of Mark, his site is http://pmefi.com/ he built and throttles the 40 skater for AJ's no plans poker run team. knowledge, common sense and honesty isn't just talk, it's how he runs his business. when it comes time to relaxing and having a beer with you, he is one of the best in the industry.

I owe my set up to him, thanks again Mark, happy new year!

H2Xmark 12-31-2009 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS (Post 3015163)
Going to dyno probably first of January, in the boat soon after, Still waiting on the second blower from Psi

Hey Shawn, hope the numbers are what you guys are looking for, tell Mac that Mark said hello.

hey you guys doing anything for contraband days coming up?

CAL MAN 12-31-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words Rob and Happy new year to you.

Voodoo 12-31-2009 07:54 PM

voodoo

Hey Mark, the dyno went down at southland machine a couple weeks ago during the pri show, Mr Ronnie is supposed to receive the part he needs to get up and running by next week, if all goes well with our R&D there, i will still be coming to Precision with all marine equipment on engine for our endurance dyno and tune with u guys, look forward to it. Mark you and Billy or first class guys at Precision and would recommend yall to anyone seeking repair, maintnence, or custom design.....Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

PS. its fun on here bench racing and boating on OSO, but im ready for the D--m summer!! Thanks Doug

JasonSmith 12-31-2009 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo (Post 3015481)

PS. its fun on here bench racing and boating on OSO, but im ready for the D--m summer!! Thanks Doug

That's right! :drink:

GLH 01-01-2010 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by pbam22 (Post 3013898)
c ya at 930

Bill does everything big.... Even that picture is 900Megs!!! :D

Jassman 01-01-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3015420)
If anyone can make it right Mark, you can!

for those newbies that dont know of Mark, his site is http://pmefi.com/ he built and throttles the 40 skater for AJ's no plans poker run team. knowledge, common sense and honesty isn't just talk, it's how he runs his business. when it comes time to relaxing and having a beer with you, he is one of the best in the industry.

I owe my set up to him, thanks again Mark, happy new year!

+1

Panther 01-01-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo (Post 3013610)
how many members here build there own motors excluding marine dealers or repair services?

I've done both, paid someone and done it myself. :)

Just finished rebuilding one of my 800's for the Apache... I'll be firing it up in a few weeks.... Hopefully I don't make no kaboom! :grinser010:

Once the engine is done I'll be shifting my focus to rebuilding the lowers on my drives. :drink:

Whipple Charged 01-02-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo (Post 3013063)
Hello Gatorone, not sure what u mean by standard heads, aluminum, conventional maybe, was going to run big chiefs heads but worried about geometry issues, i am a realist though and understand we may not achieve these numbers on 93 oct. in my opinion detonation would be our enemy on making big hp on pump gas, u cant see in the pics, but i have methanol injection which should aid a little in detonation as additional boost is applied, do you have expierince with similiar engine combos?

I would say 1250-1300hp is about all you can get on 93 octane on an honest dyno. The PSI will work better if you have the carbs side by side and block off as much of the rotors from air leakage as possible. To get the PSI to work its best, most make a billet plate that similuates the rotor housing continuing forward and only leave about 1" of rotor exposed. Otherwise you get a lot of leaking as the 300deg of helix in the rotor has its compression sequence open to barometric pressure on top.

Methanol injection has to be properly placed on a screw compressor, it does not work like a roots, which just sweeps air from top to bottom. Screw's move the air axially through the housing, then compress as it gets discharged. Methanol will evaporate before the highest point of compression, thus negating the biggest temp drop. The closer you can get to the compression phase, the better cooling/results you'll get.

Whipple Charged 01-02-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 3013568)
1500hp on 93?...... Good luck. 116gas would be easy. Seriously, after your first dyno pull, you will have trashed that motor. How hard are you spinning the blower. 1400hp with 23* heads and 50% over crank speed is a good number to shoot for. But try it on 110 gas. 1200hp on pump gas is reasonable for that setup. It's not worth trashing that nice looking motor

If the PSI is new, and not one of the old cast rotors, then its a 7.5 liter compressor with a peak VE of 90% and typical ranges are 80-85% at boost levels of 10-15psi. The built in pressure ratio should be around 1.4 so make sure the port is open enough.