Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/221865-sneak-peak-fastest-42-tiger-engine.html)

BigSilverCat 01-09-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3019888)
We pride ourselves in having one of the most accurate Dyno's in the country. We test with all marine accessories including transmissions, pumps, alternators and customer exhaust, proving the most realalistic results.

With all this said, we would like to offer the following challange: come and show us a 1500HP 93 Octane engine and we will run it for FREE. We will completely install, rig and test the engine at NO COST. Make a 1 minute, steady state pull at your claimed HP and you will have full bragging rights, and your biggest cheerleader. Don't make it and we will gracefully pat you on the back, sweep up the parts, and send you on your way, at NO COST to you.

We are not trying to badmouth the original poster or anyone else in this thread, and would love to see an engine work at this power. Again, if successful, we will post all numbers, video and information. It could be a great party and get together.

Who wants to come and play.

Precision Marine Performance Engines, Inc.

I will accept this offer...... all these other people are all talk and say they are going to make a phone call and then dont come back and say yes... I made the phone call and we will do it..

I am one of the ones saying that those other guys are dreaming saying they can make 1500 hp on 93 octane.. but just like I said earlier.. I think it can be done just not by them or with the equipment they are saying they are doing it with...

We have never been on your dyno so I have no idea what number it will say.. so what we suggest is we will show up and we want to have a competition with anyone else that has the balls to show up and dyno each I dont have alot of money but I can say $10,000 should be the entry fee.. winner take all..

We could even have different classes..
naturally aspirated 87 octane... true pump gas
boost and 93 octane no other fuels..
unlimited class...

we will spot any other engine builder 50 hp just to make it more appealing for someone else to show up...

We have the engines out of my yellow boat right now so it would be pretty easy to come down sometime soon..when can anyone else show up?

or when is the next poker run down there so other people will have time to get something ready and we could have a bigger audiance... maybe end of feb, beginning of march??

the rules need to be it needs to be an engines that has been in a speed boat or one that is being built for the use in a boat that is intended to run long distances ie. poker run.
and I think it should be a 10 minuite steady state pull... take the hp number every 10 seconds and average them together..

anyone up for some friendly competition???

and as his quote says about the cheerleader... all the loosers will have to put on cheerleader uniforms and hold a banner that has the winners name on it .. photo to be uploaded on here..

(anywhere around there to get our name put on a banner?)

one more question... how much hp can your dyno handle?

pbam22 01-09-2010 01:28 PM

tyson let me know when ya coming so i can boil some crawfish:drink:

BigSilverCat 01-09-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pbam22 (Post 3020693)

I dont eat crawfish,, but that was a fun party... make sure you have the same bartenders...

do you still have the galaga game also?
I will put up a challenge for anyone on it also..
how about a $1000 entry winner take all on it.

CAL MAN 01-09-2010 01:48 PM

This could be fun, give me a call so we can work on a date and rules. We have had 1700 hp @ 6500rpm on our dyno, we held for 2 min, it was a turbine. 10 min @ that kind of power would be hard with our 2000 gal tank for the brake, but there is a fire hydrant very close that I think we can tap into for the brake and help with the eng cooling. We did sweep a alky drag eng @ 600rpm sec 2100 hp but no way to steady state that kind of power. Let AJ know how much crawfish to order or what ever you want to eat.

BigSilverCat 01-09-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3020701)
This could be fun, give me a call so we can work on a date and rules. We have had 1700 hp @ 6500rpm on our dyno, we held for 2 min, it was a turbine. 10 min @ that kind of power would be hard with our 2000 gal tank for the brake, but there is a fire hydrant very close that I think we can tap into for the brake and help with the eng cooling. We did sweep a alky drag eng @ 600rpm sec 2100 hp but no way to steady state that kind of power. Let AJ know how much crawfish to order or what ever you want to eat.

we have called the water company to try to get a 3" water main ran into our dyno room so we will be able to do long pulls on these big hp engines.. there are also probably some water trucks around there that could be hired to come over with big tanks.... the water truck could be refilling when we are putting different engines on the dyno.?

CAL MAN 01-09-2010 03:15 PM

Our water supply for the eng cooling is 500 gal replenished by city water, You would be surprised how fast a 3 stage water pump eats it up.

FREEDOM US1 01-09-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by pbam22 (Post 3020693)

Sounds like a party!! I have 1300 ish HP on 110 so I'm a spectator. I"ll help the bartenders and enjoy the show!!:drink:

GATORONE 01-09-2010 03:59 PM

I'm game but I think the criteria should be as follows;

-Motor must be taken out of the boat at Mark's

-NO TURBO'S only supercharged

-Fully dressed

-Wet exhaust

-No alky

-After the dyno runs drain all fuel out of the boats and fill them up with 93.

-Install motors back in boat

-Then all participants shall do a 200 mile run together to prove these are real poker run motors
:party-smiley-004:

HotPursuit 01-09-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3020736)
Our water supply for the eng cooling is 500 gal replenished by city water, You would be surprised how fast a 3 stage water pump eats it up.

What size chiller do you need??? We can set you up with a air over drycooler to keep up just need to know KW or BTUs rejected..Dont know what your water bill runs but might pay for it self in time.
Rules who needs um!! :drink:

offshoredrillin 01-09-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3020738)
Sounds like a party!! I have 1300 ish HP on 110 so I'm a spectator. I"ll help the bartenders and enjoy the show!!:drink:

i'm with Jim, I would like to come see this and party :):drink: