Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/221865-sneak-peak-fastest-42-tiger-engine.html)

jmeng 03-24-2010 02:13 PM

Sounds like things may get interesting at the Royal Purple....

pbam22 03-24-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3074168)
:party-smiley-004:

:party-smiley-004:

GATORONE 03-24-2010 03:19 PM

I guess I'm in the eliminator:evilb:

Cuttin Loose 03-24-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3074211)

:coolcowboy: :coolcowboy:

Croozin2 03-24-2010 03:39 PM

Well, the pace is sure picking up in this thread again!!!!!!:evilb:

Not taking sides either way here. I want to see these rigs lock horns on May 1st too. I can say this, I rode in Shawn's old Spectre with some pretty strong mills in it too. Boat was pretty impressive. I know this 40 Motion isn't a 36 Spectre. Just saying they have had some pretty fast boats in the past. The current boat is no slouch either. However, let's see it settled on the lake.

Lllllllllllllllets get ready to rumblllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!:lolhit:

SHAWN DAVIS 03-24-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by thumper038 (Post 3074124)
:bigbird:Are you running hour meters on the engine's for all that dyno time:party-smiley-004::lolhit:

54 Pulls to date, and guess what, Doug still aint satisfied.
making over 1400 on 93. Next another cam,, and then methanol injection. Maybe this, and another pound or so of boost and the 1500 mark is within reach possibly. Its not all that far away right now.
We had the water brake smoking last night

p.s. still zero leakage

GATORONE 03-24-2010 06:31 PM

anybody can make power on the dyno..when it gets hammered for long periods that,s a different story.These are not drag boats..We will see how long they last in the boat..carbs, standard heads and pump gas are a bad combo for longevity without a really good efi system..just my 2cents ..

thumper038 03-24-2010 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS (Post 3074282)
54 Pulls to date, and guess what, Doug still aint satisfied.
making over 1400 on 93. Next another cam,, and then methanol injection. Maybe this, and another pound or so of boost and the 1500 mark is within reach possibly. Its not all that far away right now.
We had the water brake smoking last night

p.s. still zero leakage

54 Pulls so only about 10-15 minutes of hard running:drink:
Well plus warm up time but thats no load.:cool-smiley-027:
Cool !!!
Pictures???

HotPursuit 03-24-2010 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS (Post 3074159)
The video you posted was a no wake zone. We never saw your boat or you would have been spanked that day, end of story.
Enough talk, get your boat tuned up

[Quote]If you wanted to see it at speed all you had to do was ask, but then we wouldnt see that video
we took it easy that day, had a few friends, and waaayyyy too many just pull alongside to see it go.[Quote]

If it was a no wake zone why were you running 60mph throwing a cruiser size wake.Besides if you would have went by me no green flag or talk needed!! There's videos from the spectator boats that show what happened. HOW do you miss a 40' Skater??? and my son got stop by Wild Life at the mouth of the lake and thats when you caught up!! You passed us up on the left and we came buy you on the right. He also said when he passed you in his 30' Shadow Cat you got on it then and ran hard to the prop stop. We left in the lake together,, I came from behind again close enough and had many miles to play going to the first stop you turn left and went to sun buns..You cant lose if you dont race,Bryan with CP Performance from California was doing the video from my boat and couldn't believe you turned away. Shoda coulda woulda yea yea yea!! VIP membership so will stop talking when Im ready,,this thread started with you talking fastest v-bottom 1500 on pump gas.Like Bill said dyno means nothing in the real world. This aint clear lake :evilb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIb1NK3e_A not the greatest vid but at a 1:15 in the video you were right in front after you passed us up when we were stop with wild life!! that was in the lake brother!!!

HotPursuit 03-24-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3074211)

:ernaehrung004: