Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/221865-sneak-peak-fastest-42-tiger-engine.html)

CAL MAN 03-24-2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3074211)
I guess I'm in the eliminator:evilb:

Should we throw the Whipples on it?:eek:

HotPursuit 03-24-2010 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3074452)

Hell yea ripple power!! :party-smiley-048:

You ready for a drycooler its gettin warmer and I need some Ricks $$$ :drink:

thumper038 03-24-2010 09:49 PM

We had the water brake smoking last night

I thought that was bad fer the dyno to have the absorber smoking???:eek:
What knida dyno capacity and water source are ya using?:drink:

Voodoo 03-25-2010 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3074313)
anybody can make power on the dyno..when it gets hammered for long periods that,s a different story.These are not drag boats..We will see how long they last in the boat..carbs, standard heads and pump gas are a bad combo for longevity without a really good efi system..just my 2cents ..

I didnt really think just "anybody" is capable of making that kinda power, not say some out there making more by no means, shawn forgot to imply that we are still dead rich with low 11's on a/f sensors running on 93 w/ 10 percent ethanol, 30 degrees tinming also remember conventional heads, i have already had several conpliments on our progress from other professional engine builders, i do not do this for a living just a hobby & interest, have a lot to learn! i would like to add myself though to the anybody list of private amatuers that build their own engines, still curious who else does their own? would have to agree with bill on the fuel injection & will consider it, it would be easier to tune with individual port nozzle per cyl. wanted to stick with what i knew first, i think we have a nice solid lil combo for wht it is and having fun!

SHAWN DAVIS 03-25-2010 07:55 AM

A side note on the drag motor-boat motor senario.
We took baselines from the motors in the motion, been running 3 years, before that it was the spectre motors, ran for 3 years, the first screw blown boat was the 35 motion, it ran for 4 years.
None of these motors ever hurt a piston or a head gasket. If you go back further that that it was another cobra cat, and the first was a scarab viper that ran over 115 on pontchatrain and maurepas. this was 20 years ago.

Ptufaro 03-25-2010 08:25 AM

Does the Motion Still have the same engine's that it was sold with? (1000hp merc) Did they get changed, or improved?

Croozin2 03-25-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3074452)

Hell, get me a pair while you're ordering!!! :drink:

SHAWN DAVIS 03-25-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ptufaro (Post 3074633)
Does the Motion Still have the same engine's that it was sold with? (1000hp merc) Did they get changed, or improved?

Which motion? the 35 was sold with some 3.3 blown 502's,
Darren Watkins had it for a while and sold it.
The 40 motion has bigger motors. Still have one of the merc 1000 for sale.

SHAWN DAVIS 03-25-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by thumper038 (Post 3074512)
We had the water brake smoking last night

I thought that was bad fer the dyno to have the absorber smoking???:eek:
What knida dyno capacity and water source are ya using?:drink:

We made a couple pulls with just small changes and the temp got a little high, nothing major just a whisp at the end of the pull.
Its a DTS think its rated for 2500, may have to upgrade the water though.

GATORONE 03-25-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit (Post 3074133)
Are you saying Lake Maurepas is a no wake zone?? You were on side when we left the river I waited and you turned left and the Motion didn't go to the first stop,,said somthing like your grandma was in the boat. I wasn't there to go fishing!! Next time I will drop a green flag. Throwing a wake is not my problem..

Tell me which no wake zone and i will bring the green flag and a bag of chips along with a video camera...Hell the deck boat can hold all kinda things