sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine >

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Notices

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Old 12-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo
I am really glad to see quite a few people interested in this thread, no harm done or taking this is fun, i would like to repeat myself by saying "shooting for 1500 on 93" didnt say for sure, i will have a race gas tune also, another fact, just because this engine looks like something you have or may have seen, i doubt its whats for sale among most of the "marine engine builders" just a few twist, maybe if it makes a lil power i could sell some build sheets for gas money?? no one had any objections or comments to me running on 93 with methanol injection, i guess some people may think race fuel would cause less detonation than methanol? So would it be a breakthrough to make 1500 hp on 93 no mater how much methanol i inject along withit? JUST A QUESTION????? how many members here build there own motors excluding marine dealers or repair services? I am willing to bet the guys being a lil negative could'nt put there own engines together to save there life, buts thats ok, i'm scared of things i dont know anything about too...haha, i know for a fact Shawn Davis & myself do, we both run promod, yep not boating, but having to build and go through 75,000 engines after every race and learning how to keep an engine happy and efficient is no different, just different application and tune up to follow, just my 2cents LOL maybe i will have to put these straigt into a cat and test against the big boys on OSO! racing for dinner sounds fun! thanks Doug
why does big scotty come to mind here....???
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
great....he will be lucky to be on plane in 5.9 sec's...good comparison
Now thats funny

Last edited by B Idol 1; 12-29-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Hello Gatorone, not sure what u mean by standard heads, aluminum, conventional maybe, was going to run big chiefs heads but worried about geometry issues, i am a realist though and understand we may not achieve these numbers on 93 oct. in my opinion detonation would be our enemy on making big hp on pump gas, u cant see in the pics, but i have methanol injection which should aid a little in detonation as additional boost is applied, do you have expierince with similiar engine combos?

For what it's worth he did mention meth injection as stated above on page 2 post 16.

Thanks
Jon
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by customryder
why does big scotty come to mind here....???
when did you get a Active Thunder?? looks good
Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

ProMods and Boats are two different things also...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am willing to bet the guys being a lil negative could'nt put there own engines together to save there life, buts thats ok, i'm scared of things i dont know anything about too...haha

Who's been negative ? I think it was more annoying to us that you had a fanboy jump in polishing your boots, but no harm no foul ! j/k Shawn

I'll just say this : your 1320 foot engine building abilities may be stellar, but its different from making a marine engine live a long time thats under load all the time, especially in a heavy non-stepped V hull. The amount of meth needed to make those live, in that boat, is going to be a lot.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
great....he will be lucky to be on plane in 5.9 sec's...good comparison
THATS FUNNY
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I am really glad to see quite a few people interested in this thread, no harm done or taking this is fun, i would like to repeat myself by saying "shooting for 1500 on 93" didnt say for sure, i will have a race gas tune also, another fact, just because this engine looks like something you have or may have seen, i doubt its whats for sale among most of the "marine engine builders" just a few twist, maybe if it makes a lil power i could sell some build sheets for gas money?? no one had any objections or comments to me running on 93 with methanol injection, i guess some people may think race fuel would cause less detonation than methanol? So would it be a breakthrough to make 1500 hp on 93 no mater how much methanol i inject along withit? JUST A QUESTION????? how many members here build there own motors excluding marine dealers or repair services? I am willing to bet the guys being a lil negative could'nt put there own engines together to save there life, buts thats ok, i'm scared of things i dont know anything about too...haha, i know for a fact Shawn Davis & myself do, we both run promod, yep not boating, but having to build and go through 75,000 engines after every race and learning how to keep an engine happy and efficient is no different, just different application and tune up to follow, just my 2cents LOL maybe i will have to put these straigt into a cat and test against the big boys on OSO! racing for dinner sounds fun! thanks Doug
The issue is, you are not the first to come on here excited about a project shooting for big numbers. Do some research. The guys you are talking to were in the same boat once. They built big power and blew up on a big stage. You are saying you are building the fastest 42 Tiger and your engines havent run yet. It will be fun to see how this thread progresses. Be sure and video/document the dyno and first run.

Last edited by TxHawk; 12-29-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxHawk
The issue is, you are not the first to come on here excited about a project shooting for big numbers. Do some research. The guys you are talking to were in the same boat once. They built big power and blew up on a big stage. You are saying you are building the fastest 42 Tiger and your engines havent run yet. It will be fun to see how this thread progresses. Be sure and video/document the dyno and first run.
TxHawk ever seen our white 40ft motion TOP CAT run around the Clear Lake area ? I did the research years ago and in several different hulls. The motion is a big heavy boat but it runs pretty decent, hasnt been outrun yet and dont break nothing but the fuel needles.
The Tiger will be interesting, just depends how fast Doug wants to go

Last edited by SHAWN DAVIS; 12-29-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

VooDoo, Doug Palmer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.