Notices

Daytona Race People

Old 04-13-2002, 10:38 PM
loosecannon22

Default Daytona Race People

WELL; I WAS OUT TRYING A NEW PROP TODAY AND I SMOKED THE POWERPLANT, I THINK. I HAVE A SPARK PLUG THAT DECIDED TO GO FLYING. IT IS NO LONGER PART OF THE BELOVED HEAD THAT I USE TO CALL MINE. IT STUCK IN BETWEEN THE BATTERIES I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PLUG DO THIS AND I HAVE RACED MANY BIG BLOCKS CHEVYS BEFROE. I DID NOT IVESTIGATE TOO MUD=CH, I TOOK CORONAS TO KILL THE PAIN. AND NOW I AM DRINKNG CHIANTE OR HOW EVER YOU SPEL IT, I HAD A GUY SAY TO ME AT HE DOCK, "IS THAT SUPPOSE TO SOUND LIKE THAT?". POKER RUN IN 2 WEEKS YIKES.
CAN ANYONE HELP MY MISERY?

Old 04-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That bites....... have neve rseen it happen but have heard of it.. what heads were they ....?
Old 04-13-2002, 10:52 PM
DJD
Registered

Loose
Did the threads (steel base) stay in place and the rest of the plug launch? I have had this happen and I have heard of lots of others who it has happend to.
If the whole plug shot out, did the threads strip or is there a chance the plug was just loose & worked its way out?

Last edited by DJD; 04-13-2002 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:46 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope it wasn't from the Av Gas If yours is no good I might have a peanut head laying around you can have. I might have to drop off my neice in Ormond Beach Sunday night if her mother dosen't come and get her. E mail me if your interested.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Registered

Billy,
Don't start crying yet . Like DJD said this is a common occurance. Make sure it didn't just work its way out of the head on its own. Is it an aluminum head? If so, and you are running airplane fue, you might have higher than normal thermal expansion and the plug simply loosened up . If it did indeed pull the threads out of the head, you can pull the head and helicoil the one hole. Hell, I've Harley guys helicoil the head and NOT remove the head from the engine at all, but would NOT recomend that. Call John Pompi at Marine Performance, he could probably give you a hand. 1-386-322-4220. Ain't looking good for me for Daytona either, so I'll catch ya'll next time.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:28 AM
Registered

I don't know a damn thing about fixing your motor and I'm sorry you're having problems. But if you don't get it fixed you are more than welcome to ride with us on the poker run. It's just me the wife and our friend Gisela ( she was with us on the last poker run in Daytona) so just keep it in mind.

If this don't make any sense it's because me and Jose Cuervo did the Duval Crawl tonight!!!

Keep in touch,

Paul
Old 04-14-2002, 03:36 AM
Registered

Medicine Man sorry to hear you might not make it to Daytona, we were looking forward to seeing you. But I'm sure we'll catch you at another event.

Paul & Marsha