Notices

Should I be pissed off?

Old 04-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be pissed off?

I ordered new stainless steel risers for my 502 Mags from CP Performance. Risers came, nice product, however my stock oil filter brackets didn't fit very well anymore. Called CP for advice, and they sold me new remote oil filter mounts. Told me these were right for my application. When they came I had the mounting bracket power coated to match my engines. when I went to mount them they don't fit. CP said since I coated them they won't take them back, even though they are the wrong item. Would you all be pissed or what?
Old 04-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

YES!! Especially if they gave you the part number! Was it your mistake? NO. Stay on them, work your way up the ladder. Ask the what mistake did you make. In my business I eat my mistakes. Seems to me they could powder coat them agian a different color.
Old 04-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Banned

I would be pissed for sure, if they knew what I needed and sent the wrong part.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

You certainly have a right to be upset, i
would be.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

You know,lately there have been several threads with customers upset about how they were treated after the sale. It just doesn't make sense. The customer is always right,and even if he's wrong,he's still right, because he is the customer.I don't understand busineses that spend so much money on advertising to get customers then wonIt' spend any money to keep the customers.It's a no brainer. Why spend thousands on advertising then refuse to refund a few hundred to make a customer happy and keep him as a customer?My Daddy told me 40 years ago that you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegarAfter 34 years as a dealer we have eaten a lot of expenses that was not our fault or any manufactures fault. But guess what? The customers kept coming back and that more than covered our losses. Chose your vendors carefully. There are a lot more good guys out there than bad guys,you just have to figure out which is which. OK, I'm of my soapbox
Old 04-13-2002, 12:57 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i happen to need a block mount oil filter housing

email me
Old 04-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

I'll bet I've spent $3.000 with CP in the last couple of years. Never again. Anybody want to buy some oil filter brackets I'll sell 'em for $100.00 each. I've got three of them.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I don't want to bash CP Performance,but I did have a small problem when I purchased my new Gil exhaust. After spending $2200.00 for the exhaust,and $90.00 to ship them,After 10 days of waiting,all the parts were not there. It seems they forgot to send me the oil filter adaptor,and the throttle/shift cable bracket. And the risers were the wrong ones.Well after I called and expressed my disappointment,they mailed me out the stuff and it was there in 1 day. This kinda upset me too,since it took the 1st order 10 days to get there(all parts were in stock) and 1 day to correct their mistake. All in all they did take care of the problem,but it cost me 2 weekends of boating.

Point: stay on them,I think this is totally their fault and they should EAT IT
Old 04-13-2002, 10:34 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know what the deal is with these marine parts suppliers. I have had many disappointments from several of them. They never seem to shot straight with you. It is definately buyer be ware in the marine business.

The only good experience has been with Livorsi Marine. Everything always come in on time and correct. I ordered the wrong size cup holders from them once, and they made returning them VERY easy. I like doing business with people like that and will spend money with them again.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Report them to the BBB. If you paid by credit card, call the card company also. They should help you out.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

sounds like there may some good biz opportunities out there for some one with the right attitude.....obviously operations that treat thier customers like that have forgotten who pays the bills......

Quick Reply: Should I be pissed off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.