Notices

Propeller Adjustments

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propeller Adjustments

I'm still relativity new to the serious go fast stuff.... The Boat a had prior to my 36 Nortech Cat was a 38 T/S Top Gun with 700 Zull's.... I have been playing around with different Props and I find it amazing that just a small change with Prop configuration, Diameter and or Pitch, makes a HUGE difference... I know this is important to all boats however the Cat seems much more sensitive to Prop adjustments then my V bottom... Anyone have any thoughts on this????
Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxonmike
I'm still relativity new to the serious go fast stuff.... The Boat a had prior to my 36 Nortech Cat was a 38 T/S Top Gun with 700 Zull's.... I have been playing around with different Props and I find it amazing that just a small change with Prop configuration, Diameter and or Pitch, makes a HUGE difference... I know this is important to all boats however the Cat seems much more sensitive to Prop adjustments then my V bottom... Anyone have any thoughts on this????
Dont you have Terrys old boat? he should know what you need to the tee....
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

mike what size prop and gear are you running,i have a 36 nortech also that is a 2006
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

search my responses and you'll see quite a bit about about what throttle-up has done with me..... and note my signature below.

good luck ------- and remember, handling is just as, if not more, important as speed!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Registered

i started out with lab merc props,now i run herrings. the boat drives and handles so much better,it is also much faster.jeff at herring is a great guy to deal with.