Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   28 Saber vs 28 Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/222344-28-saber-vs-28-pantera.html)

hotjava66 01-06-2010 06:03 PM

28 Saber vs 28 Pantera

Just curious, anyone had both or been on/driven both. How do they compare ride, handling, room etc. any opinions one vs other?

jdub 01-06-2010 06:15 PM

This should be good :party-smiley-004: Nah just kidding. They are both great. My last boat purchase was between Saber and Pantera. I bought the Saber. I have a few buddies with Pantera's so I have been in them too. My opinion....I'm just saying...is I prefer the Saber. I think the ride is a bit softer and more solid in the Saber. Softer because of the rounded keel and full length running strakes. More solid because the entire hull of the Saber is balsa cored. I don't think all Pantera's are....atleast the ones I was in were not. Also I felt like I was riding on the Pantera not in it. The Saber you sit a little more in the boat. But that is just seating preference. With that said they are both built like brick s hit houses and are as custom as it gets.

Jassman 01-06-2010 06:32 PM

The Apache is better:party-smiley-004:

JUSTGOLF 01-06-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3018789)

ooooooooooooooooo no here we go :party-smiley-004:

Steve 1 01-06-2010 06:43 PM

LOL

KNOT-RIGHT 01-06-2010 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3018773)
This should be good :party-smiley-004: Nah just kidding. They are both great. My last boat purchase was between Saber and Pantera. I bought the Saber. I have a few buddies with Pantera's so I have been in them too. My opinion....I'm just saying...is I prefer the Saber. I think the ride is a bit softer and more solid in the Saber. Softer because of the rounded keel and full length running strakes. More solid because the entire hull of the Saber is balsa cored. I don't think all Pantera's are....atleast the ones I was in were not. Also I felt like I was riding on the Pantera not in it. The Saber you sit a little more in the boat. But that is just seating preference. With that said they are both built like brick s hit houses and are as custom as it gets.

Is the 28 on my lot your old boat?
Gonna break ground soon on that piece.
1100hp should stand it on its azz:eek:

marinetrans 01-06-2010 09:28 PM

Yo G, me and Ernie go to boat show Friday night--you in player-----lobster man may come too.

jdub 01-07-2010 07:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT (Post 3018898)
Is the 28 on my lot your old boat?
Gonna break ground soon on that piece.
1100hp should stand it on its azz:eek:

That's the one. Here are a couple side by side pics.

jln 01-07-2010 07:55 AM

hey John, i see you had the PBR option on your swim platform, i actually like PBR, i remember it used to be really cheap , with its new found popularity the prices have gone up but its still cool beer . tastes way better poured into a cup. looking forward to seeing your new ride. as for the pantera vs saber question . as someone who has watched the transom of both boats disappear in front of me, its a pretty even pick.

fantastixvoyage 01-07-2010 04:53 PM

True but the 29 Phantom is best! :drink: