Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
28 Active Thunder vs 28 Pantera vs??? >

28 Active Thunder vs 28 Pantera vs???

Notices

28 Active Thunder vs 28 Pantera vs???

Old 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by dennis1009
I will be getting my 28 A T in a few weeks hopefully waiting on a break in this crazy weather. Any way I have a friend who just sold his 24 Outlaw and is looking at something in the 27' to 29' range. He wants a good deep V ruff water boat.
He is really into the Pantera as he says it is the king of the ruff water boats in this size range? He is wanting to be into this boat for no more than $75,000. Any one have any suggestions or experience between these two boats? Or any other boat in this range? I am sure he will wait until he sees and rides in my A T before he really starts shopping.
He asked me to post this for him to see what people have to say. Maybe some one will have some other brand to bring into the picture, again thanks in advance for any and all info.One more thing he prefers a single engine but not mandatory.

He will be doing most of his boating in and around Key West Miami and in the Gulf Ft. Myers Naples area. Would also like to run low to mid 70s anything above would be a plus.Also he would really like to stay in the 2006 to 2008 range.
I would start by recommending your friend join this site. It would be well worth his while in research value alone.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

He could get into my 28 Apache (tried and tested ;-) for a little less even...
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Well, Riggs has a new, never commissioned 28 w/ twin bbc that could be had near his price range(i think). Worth the call.
??? More info please. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I would start by recommending your friend join this site. It would be well worth his while in research value alone.
He is moving into a new place this week. and next week he will be setting up his computer hopefully he will be joining as it is well worth any offshore boater to join for the knowledge and research alone.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Both are great boats. Both are very good in rough water. The Active Thunder has a larger cabin and the cockpit is much deeper.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

The Laveycraft 2750 NuEra is an excelent rough water and all around great boat.
I'm sure there are a few good deals going on for used ones right now.