Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PSI or Whipple? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/222385-psi-whipple.html)

AIR TIME 09-05-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3495939)
Art, not true as I was there as well.

me too in fallriver. like I said at the docks they said Dan had pulley issues? second hand info and last year it was the belt or pulleys 2nd stop. also heard down at lotto they had issues but sounded like efi. so your saying it was a drive issue at fallriver?.I got pics to give Dan so I'll ask him about lotto, hope he ran both runs. and it's a bummer if 2yrs in a row he had break downs cause of pullelys or belts in fallriver. hey Mr.ol Dan:coolcowboy:, are there any runs in sept, oct in conn coming up? I got two more days of cutting up trees thens it back to the boat about a day or two to finish at our rate.
hope all had fun over the weekend next month I get to split all this wood I cut up , later Art!!!

OL40SVX 09-05-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3496002)
me too in fallriver. like I said at the docks they said Dan had pulley issues? second hand info and last year it was the belt or pulleys 2nd stop. also heard down at lotto they had issues but sounded like efi. so your saying it was a drive issue at fallriver?.I got pics to give Dan so I'll ask him about lotto, hope he ran both runs. and it's a bummer if 2yrs in a row he had break downs cause of pullelys or belts in fallriver. hey Mr.ol Dan:coolcowboy:, are there any runs in sept, oct in conn coming up? I got two more days of cutting up trees thens it back to the boat about a day or two to finish at our rate.
hope all had fun over the weekend next month I get to split all this wood I cut up , later Art!!!

I talked to Danny as he was coming into the ramp with Dustin waiting on the dock. He ran in the front at LOTO but didnt want to run the shootout as he had the wrong gearing and the boat was sold. I talk to Danny all the time. As far as run's there's always the CT river run in OCT and we'll get something planned soon.

CB-BLR 09-05-2011 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by weldcrane (Post 3495891)
hows is wipples customer service after the sale??????????????

I can testify that Whipples customer service is awsome...I had a few little issues with a motor they built for me (something they do not normally do...or specialize in.)..and they resolved all the issues at their cost....No hassels what so ever.

I would recommend Whipple to anyone wanting to make big...reliable ...power.

Their customer service rocks!

Chris

HaxbySpeed 09-05-2011 11:12 AM

There's no denying the reliability and power potential of the PSI and it sounds like Roger and the guys have worked out most of the part throttle driveability issues, but in my opinion the Whipple is a much more user friendly package, has more options to fit various needs, and is pretty much bolt on. Just add injectors and a computer of your choice ad go. CPPerf and others have complete pulley sets, and their intercoolers are kickass. I don't know if the PSI can match the cruise efficiency of the Whipple either. I love the look of the PSI and if it was a carb application it would be a tougher choice but for EFI I'll take the Whipple.

Whipple Charged 09-05-2011 04:25 PM

Far better than others. Ask any drag racer about how fast they get there SC's. I know some that had to wait 6 months for 1 supercharger!!! I highly doubt there are many that go as far as I go for our customers.

Whipple Charged 09-05-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3496002)

They had a pulley issues as I said before the run, but the issues was the bolts were bottomed out, therefore not tight, that doesn't workout to well. Fixed it before run, they ran, but had other issues unrelated to the superchargers, such as valve train.

Comanche3Six 09-05-2011 05:56 PM

Whipple Chargers....Love that hardware!

pqjack 09-05-2011 06:09 PM

good....if you dont have a sidemount...

weldcrane 09-05-2011 07:26 PM

you got that right pqjack!!!!!!

ActiveFun 09-05-2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged (Post 3024924)
On common marine engines, below 1600hp, they will take close to the same power, but have cooler temps. Ours makes far more low end torque and has significantly better fuel/air distribution and idle characteristics. You can't idle a 7.5L PSI gas version down to 800rpm. Not that many want too, but we have plenty that do.

Its nice to see facts other than just opinions. Is there anyone from PSI on oso?