Notices

PSI or Whipple?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
My Whipples work great!! Belts lasted all season last year. Put new ones on this year and all good. Need to run them really floppy when cooled so they arent running tight when the motors grow when warmed up. Simple but overlooked by some.
Comment:

I am surprised Mr. Whipple has not corrected you on this set-up. I had belt issues on my 8.3 and talked to him directly and he informed to do the opposite.

I was told directly by Mr. Whipple to run the belt tight cold and not sloppy as before in order to avoid shearing all the cogs off the belt. He indicated not super tight but with just a tiny bit of give in the belt when it warms up.

As for getting superchargers out quick it all depends on who the customer is. If your a big buyer from Whipple you will get it ASAP. If your average performance boater get in line. Their customer service is also not the best [but still a 4 out of 5 star is not bad] had a pulley go bad due to improper alignment from the factory and I had to pay to correct a problem on the pulley stand which came from Whipple in the wrong length for the application.

Overall, I love my Whipple supercharger...EFI is the only way to roll IMO. It idles and shifts smoothly and put's out monster power on demand. Plus, you set it and forget it currently 135 hours and counting.

Lastly, no one commented on the low profile of the Whipple it fits nicely under my hatch and in most upgrade scenarios requires very little if any hatch mods.

As pointed out earlier Whipple needs to ratchet up the customer service area and fill orders in a timely fashion. As this will certainly earn them five stars. Nevertheless I would certainly recommend their products to any performance boater.

KAP
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

I am surprised Mr. Whipple has not corrected you on this set-up. I had belt issues on my 8.3 and talked to him directly and he informed to do the opposite.

I was told directly by Mr. Whipple to run the belt tight cold and not sloppy as before in order to avoid shearing all the cogs off the belt. He indicated not super tight but with just a tiny bit of give in the belt when it warms up.

As for getting superchargers out quick it all depends on who the customer is. If your a big buyer from Whipple you will get it ASAP. If your average performance boater get in line. Their customer service is also not the best [but still a 4 out of 5 star is not bad] had a pulley go bad due to improper alignment from the factory and I had to pay to correct a problem on the pulley stand which came from Whipple in the wrong length for the application.

Overall, I love my Whipple supercharger...EFI is the only way to roll IMO. It idles and shifts smoothly and put's out monster power on demand. Plus, you set it and forget it currently 135 hours and counting.

Lastly, no one commented on the low profile of the Whipple it fits nicely under my hatch and in most upgrade scenarios requires very little if any hatch mods.

As pointed out earlier Whipple needs to ratchet up the customer service area and fill orders in a timely fashion. As this will certainly earn them five stars. Nevertheless I would certainly recommend their products to any performance boater.

KAP
Just to be very clear, we ship standard kits in 3-5 days, and custom kits in 7-10 days. the only reason your kit was delayed is our IC mfg went AWOL. Now that we've invested in our own mfg'ing, thats not a problem. We can't control all our suppliers, but we do our best. I thought that was clear from the many conversations we had.

Any part that has a mfg'ing defect will be replaced at no charge within 1 year of ship date. thats our standard warranty. I think your refering to the idler pulley and the fact that somebody ground the spacer (on locating side) it runs on causing it to not run true.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Send me one of them new whipples for some outlaw drag testing, Hope they are lighter than the 980 series.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Send me one of them new whipples for some outlaw drag testing, Hope they are lighter than the 980 series.
they will need to put these on a few Top Alcohol dragsters for testing & recognition to even think about about competing with Roget @ PSI

The E.T.s will be the proof in the pudding
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

KAP
Not supper tight but with a tiny bit of give in the belt when the motor warms up is correct. My set up when cold is really floppy. Takes about ten mins of warming up before you start hammering it!! We always stop and adjust the belt when the motors are hot to make sure its set up proper after new belts are put on and check it every once in a while for the heck of it.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
they will need to put these on a few Top Alcohol dragsters for testing & recognition to even think about about competing with Roget @ PSI

The E.T.s will be the proof in the pudding
fer sure, my psi c rotor puts over 60 lbs on a 526 ci. 125 over and 9200 rpms
they aint no slouch
Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

they aint no slouch
Did you ever dyno the C rotor on your gas motor?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered

they aint no slouch
Pretty big difference when you only have to turn it 45 over to get the same boost, about 300hp less power consumption and 60deg F cooler temp.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

30lbs lighter!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Pretty big difference when you only have to turn it 45 over to get the same boost, about 300hp less power consumption and 60deg F cooler temp.
That's some pretty impressive #'s! Do you have any pics of your test model from your blower dyno or from spin testing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.