Notices

Remembering 9/11

Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Remembering 9/11

Remembering 9/11 by Todd Harrisson

I'm not the same person I was before the attacks but that’s alright; I’m entirely sure that I'm a better man because of them.

Life Goes On

Something good comes from all things bad and the blessing of September 11th, for me, was one of perspective.

I appreciate the things I once took for granted but never thought to question.

I understand the difference between having fun and being happy.

I realize time is a precious commodity and the arbiter of fate.

I’ve learned that a dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it, the difference between lessons and mistakes are the ability to learn from them and that the friction between opinions is where true education is born.

And after a long, hard road, I’ve found that negative energy is wasted energy, money comes and goes and viewing obstacles as opportunities defines success.

Eight years after that fateful day, our country finds itself in a fragile socioeconomic state and a false sense of security. It’s easy to be angry, place blame and lash out as the ramifications of the financial crisis ripple, the next wave approaches and policymakers seek solutions that will lower the standard of living for our children.

Today, however, is a day of reflection, a day of remembrance, a day of personal introspection.

If the greatest wisdom is bred as a function of pain, we’re blessed with the opportunity to evolve and the experience to remember.

It should never take something bad to make us realize we've got it good and we have profound reasons for gratitude.

On this day, September 11th, let’s take a moment to appreciate what we have rather than lament about what we don’t.

Tomorrow, as they say, is promised to nobody.

May peace be with you.

R.P.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Very well said.