Notices

Cumberland House Rentals

Old 01-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cumberland House Rentals

Planning some boating vaca's.

Anybody know of a good rental place at Cumberland to hold about 20 people? Ill be plaining on July 17th-24th. The closer to the lake the better. Is there any houses on the water? I didnt think so but figured I would ask.

Anybody else gonna be there that week?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Also curious on the water level. I havent been to Cumberland since the dam was being worked on. How is the water now? Wasnt sure about the falls or any hangouts.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whistler08
Planning some boating vaca's.

Anybody know of a good rental place at Cumberland to hold about 20 people? Ill be plaining on July 17th-24th. The closer to the lake the better. Is there any houses on the water? I didnt think so but figured I would ask.

Anybody else gonna be there that week?
No floating cabins there at Cumberland... Did you ever consider a couple of houseboats... We were there last year for the 4th of July weekend, and was an awsome party at Harmon Creek.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Also curious on the water level. I havent been to Cumberland since the dam was being worked on. How is the water now? Wasnt sure about the falls or any hangouts.
water is down 30+ feet, 76falls is dry , you could camp there in a temt if ya wanna...lol
Old 01-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Lol, I guess that would be one way I could stay on the water. I use to rent house boats and loved it but now with my son only 19 months and a few others with younger kids I'm gonna rent a house. And it gives the kids a break from the water sort of speak.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out( lake cumberland . com )and aligator 2 = indian springs they have large cabins some what of a play ground close to water.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

Lol, I guess that would be one way I could stay on the water. I use to rent house boats and loved it but now with my son only 19 months and a few others with younger kids I'm gonna rent a house. And it gives the kids a break from the water sort of speak.
lol, totally understand that, staying on shore will also give ya some breathing room from the kiddies too.... lol which we need..
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

Conley Bottom has cabin rentals that come with a covered slip. Not on the water but close (100-200yards) with a nice view of the lake.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Cumberland House Rentals

You could try Woodson Bend. They have a lot of condo rentals. Plenty of ramps within a 15 minute drive. That way you could split up a few people/kids in a couple different condos.

Houseboats are great but very expensive and no getting away from anyone at the end of the day. Conelly Bottom or Lees Ford would also be good options. The Villager Resort is a not so well known but GREAT option. They have many cabins in a row, great people, good location, kid friendly and docks for your boats.

Don't let anyone fool you about the lake level. It's beautiful right now on the lake. Harmon Creek or Clifty Creek off of Fishing Creek are the two new "Happening Coves". Lots of fun rafting up in both coves at different ens of the lake.

ENJOY!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! I was looking at the condos and might end up going that route if we cannot find a house big enough and available. I told everyone I didnt care we I slept up just ready to get on the water. I'm already tired of the snow and ice.