Notices

Nordskog

Old 04-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Nordskog

Any info would be nice. I like the ideal of a tach, compass, and volt meter also in one gauge. Does the sunlight have a BIG factor? I just think it would be more accurate to read in tenths and easier to read.
Where do the analog Gaffrig's start register speed on the 120 speedo?
I heard it was around 30 mph. I didn't like this. My cat can stay on a plan at about 25.
Some just don't like digital and I can understand that. It doesn't bother me. I think I like it better.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

I installed the Nordskog digital speedo / tach / volt / compass this past winter. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will be in a couple of weeks. I will definately let you know how it works out. It looks like it will be pretty sweet!
Old 04-14-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Default Thanks WV

Just talked to a buddy from Indy just a minute ago. He said he was at Lake Cumberland and it was a muddy river. Where will you go boating when you put in.
Will be waiting on how the speedo works out.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

I live about 2 miles from a small, clean inland lake. (Pine Lake) I do most of my hot rodding there and make occasional trips to Lake Michigan out of Michigan City. I just had my drive freshened and I'm currently working on getting it prepped for re painting. I work pretty slow so it will probably be 2 weeks. A buddy of mine does a nice job with the paint gun, so it should look good.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Wette Vette

What is the size of the antenna. Is it the same size on the GPS's that first came out?
Old 04-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

I have the Nordskog digital GPS speedo in my 250 Daytona. All funtions work great .Big easy to read numbers, and no problem with sunlight. Top speed recall is also beneficial, when doing any type of H.P. upgrade.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:48 AM
Registered

digital only way to go. No problem in sun. Used one season now & no problem reading. With digital speed you can get boat trimed just right when crusing or trim for max MPH quicky.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

I do not have a GPS on my boat so I had to use the optional receiver that is avaliable from Nordskog. There was some concern over where to mount it. I found an area under the deck on the side of the boat where the fiberglass is thin and I mounted it there using an angle aluminum bracket and some velcro. The receiver is similar in shape to a computer mouse. Hopefully it will work through the thin fiberglass, if not I will have to do some experimentation with different locations. It is good to hear positive feedback from other board members on this unit. I haven't had a speedo on this boat so I am hoping the feedback will be worth some speed. I will let you know how it works for me.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Uncle Toys

I had the Nordskog digital installed a couple of months ago. Love it. They wanted to mount the reciever unit on top of the dash and I didn't. I talked them into mounting under the dash to see how it would work and it has been fine. Have checked it with the hand held unit, never more than one tenth difference. Digital during the day is not a problem. Giant numbers are nice during high speed runs etc.

Old 04-22-2002, 12:41 PM
NORDSKOG

Mike,
The Nordskog Perfromance Products digital Speedometer is very easy to see in the sunlight. The digits are big and defined. The Speedoemter also has backlighting for easy nighttime viewing.
This instrument also includes a high speed recall with just the flick of a switch.
NPP also has Analog GPS Speedometers with backlighting and high speed recall. These Instruments are available in 0-90 mph or 0-120 and with black,white or silver faces.

Quick Reply: Nordskog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.