Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   63' Bertram Possibly stuffed off SC??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/222619-63-bertram-possibly-stuffed-off-sc.html)

Steve 1 01-23-2010 10:50 AM

Let's wait and see what the results of the investigation show ,as a number of Builders on here know what the lamination schedule should be and in the end an actual cause will be brought to light.

Comanche3Six 01-23-2010 12:57 PM

http://www.donjon.com/
A professional service company.........

rchevelle71 01-23-2010 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3029711)
LOL I hope not!

:grinser010:I knew you would get a kick out of that, thanks for the insight on coring, I am not going to choose sides, as I believe they both have their place.

spk1 01-24-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy (Post 3029410)
Lift bags I understand...I have done that myself. They are suggesting someone has tried to pull the boat underwater and caused most of the current damage.......

Exactly what I ment billy thanks.
I know the pros use lift bags, most of the time here in south florida, those bags are rented, and if a group of non sanctioned or hired salvage guys were taking advantage, I dont think they would have the time to go get the bags, I think they wanted to move the wreck, so they could take their time getting the equipment out, or just rip the dayum thing open to get easy access to the engines what the hell would they care, its not theirs, and they werent hired to do the job, Im still not saying delamination wasnt a cause for the sinking/stuff, I just feel there had to be help creating the rest of that damage., or else bertram will have alot of explaining to do here in the future. I definently would like to be a fly on the wall over at the ferretti booth during the miami boat show.

tommymonza 01-24-2010 09:00 PM

God what a bunch of AZZholes over there. There is so many stupid assumptions by some of the members and the others who you actually thought might have a clue have a stick so far up their azz they can't think straight because they are thee long time participating members. Whatever.

Thank God this site is not like that.

And on that note I want to tell all of you in the famous words of Cartman, SCREW YOU GUYS I'M GOIN HOME.

HabanaJoe 01-24-2010 09:10 PM

tommy I'm with you, and people think this site is bad at times, no way - YF should be called "lack of KY" for sticking up your, well you know!

Your right 3 people say, "some of those go fast guys are over here so we need to lock down this thread and remove their posts."

It reminds me of the sailboat crowd, we used to run down the ditch years ago and the sailboaters stay in the middle going 7 knots. You slow down but still need to be running 10 to pass them and a big boat throws a BIG wake at that speed. Then they MF you for the wake - God forbid they slow down to a crawl and let you by at a slow speed - noooo we need to get to where we're going - same jackasses!

glassdave 01-24-2010 09:40 PM

I got that same impression of YF from the first time i posted. That is one pretentious bunch. I surf the site for pics once in a while but thats about it. Kinda cool to see some of the big boats out there. I put up a thread one time to see if there was any way to know when new boats from Palmer Jonhson were being delivered through lake Erie as i thought it might be kinda cool to go out and see one as it made its way from Wisconsin to wherever, they have some spectacular yachts. Got no where with it really.

tommymonza 01-24-2010 09:50 PM

Now your pissing me off Joe I am a snailboter these days,Just kiddin.
I grew up in both worlds and it is all good .Problem is people who just got into the sport and took a power squadron course and now they are gods gift to boating. Sailboaters especially ,and i love sailing.
I grew up on a 48 foot S&S designed yawl with my dads 26 Monza siting in front of for the taking by a 12 year old boy.1978 i was 14 and had the 18 footers my brother designed and i helped build sitting out front.i grew up at a yacht club and most of the people were jealous snobs and my dad owned the nicest and biggest sailboat there at the time along with our small fleet of little sailboats and offshore boats.

They hatest us and my dad was the nicest non upitty guy you could ever meet.

I have dealt with this snobby attitude for many years in the boating world ,these people need to get over themselves if some of them did a 1/10 of what they brag about we would be nominating them as man of the year.

By the way Joe you have done alot in the way of hispeed deisels in the offshore racing scene but i still think you are a jackazz for telling thoses poor folks over there what you have done in the past.

That being what a total waste of energy on your part.:evilb:

tommymonza 01-24-2010 09:53 PM

whoops:

tommymonza 01-24-2010 10:38 PM

OH OH now i have been banned by the administrator over there. God they are more uptight than a Jehovah Witness on Halloween over there.