63' Bertram Possibly stuffed off SC??? >

63' Bertram Possibly stuffed off SC???

Notices

63' Bertram Possibly stuffed off SC???

Old 08-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
how long after the boat went down were those taken? What power was in it and what speed capable of? How old was the boat? (new i thought but its been a while)
It was a model year 2006 built in 2005 and used as a Demo until sold and sunk in 2009. Also it was a 63 not a 57 like i said earlier.

It sunk on Nov 6th 2009 and the video has a onsceen date of Nov 26th and many argued the damge was caused by a storm that had passed thru the area in that time and created all the damage by the boat moving around.

The issue with the date of the video was later clarified to be a week after the sinking bey the owners of the video commenting that the video 's date displayed on the screen was not set properly on the camera.

I believe the boat was capable of 40 knots with somewhere around 2800 hp total I have to go back through old threads to find the specs Dave.

Here is a pic of the boat originally

And an explanation from the President of Bertram in his former position of another company explaining what the cause of the failure was.on a boat of his previous build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNAwUdHUQ

Last edited by tommymonza; 08-23-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Registered

But not to worry because it has been towed out beyond the Environment
Old 08-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

seen that before, to long a time has past since the hull was laid up for any type of decent bond without grinding. Any idea what it was built with poly? VE? My gut feeling is five hundred a drum non spec poly . . . .
Oh I think you are on the right track on the resin Dave

Also a competitor down the road from where the hulls were being laid up [hull layup was outsourced to another company] said that a distributor for a cheap foam core tried to sell him some of his crap foam core and he refused saying he wouldn't build a flower planter out of it. He suspects they were enticed by the price to purchase it.

Also I am sure there was no vacuum bagging done and they also did not even go as far as using corebond on the outside layer to core area but does appear some may have been used on the inner core as it is bond a little better and i see some indications on it that show it might have been used.

Last edited by tommymonza; 08-23-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Oh I think you are on the right track Dave on the resin.
sure . . . . use the right resin and the front doesnt fall off . . . . obviously this was not built so the front doesnt fall off . . . its a bit of a give away

love British (or Ausi) humor
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 08-23-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered

sure . . . . use the right resin and the front doesnt fall off . . . . obviously this was not built so the front doesnt fall off . . . its a bit of a give away

Obviously spoke from an individual who had to repair a few vessels that the front tried to fall off from
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

And I am sure it met the strict requirements of having at least one steering wheel and a least one crew member.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Obviously spoke from an individual who had to repair a few vessels that the front tried to fall off from

well o course . . . . . i mean if the front hadnt fallen off it wouldnt have been in my shop . . . . kinda goes without say'in now doesn't it

lol

Last edited by glassdave; 08-23-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Registered

:d
well o course . . . . . I mean if the front hadnt fallen off it wouldnt have been in my shop . . . . Kinda goes without say'in now doesn't it

lol
So what kinda special proprietary materials you use to rebuild these vessels that the fronts tried to fall off?

Cardboard? Paper? Cellophane ? No i bet you use that special space age foam core only these guys got their hands on.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

:d

So what kinda special proprietary materials you use to rebuild these vessels that the fronts tried to fall off?

Cardboard? Paper? Cellophane ? No i bet you use that special space age foam core only these guys got their hands on.
cardboard? . . . cardboards right out . . . no cardboard derivatives . . . . the front hasnt tried to fall . . . that would mean its still on and is a boat whos front hasn't fallen off at all
Old 08-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Registered

Daves glass

where we take pride in repairing your boat

so the front doesn't

fall off

Last edited by tommymonza; 08-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.