Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ? for everyone about boat values? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/222649-everyone-about-boat-values.html)

bob_t 01-12-2010 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by H2Xmark (Post 3022668)
i just checked my 35 fountain, with 500 hp engines, with no other adds or trailer it showed 67300 for av retail. with the adds it showed 68420 then add 7210 dollars for trailer, total 75630. :lolhit:

Thats a little higher than they were showing for a 2001 35 twin step with 470hp 500's, no adders ... I looked at the 97 with 500's and you have the "7" and "3" reversed, its 63,700. Not trying to be a d!ck, but I've been checking to see what my current boat is worth and what they say a 2001 is worth that I have been looking at. They're only showing a 2001 twin step at 69K average retail with 470hp 500's, no adders, no trailer. If the other guy's comments of "take low NADA and subtract 10K - 15K" is anywhere in the ballpark, then sign me up for two 35 twin steps! :party-smiley-004:

PS: I'll take NADA average retail for the package of my 2006 29 Fever with a 114 hr 525EFI on its Myco trailer, if anyone is interested ... I won't add 10K - 30K to the NADA price!

GO4BROKE 01-12-2010 09:24 PM

http://www.bucvalu.com/
Haven't looked at it in a while, but its the most accurate I've seen.

H2Xmark 01-12-2010 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bob_t (Post 3022767)
Thats a little higher than they were showing for a 2001 35 twin step with 500's, no adders ... I looked at the 97 with 500's and you have the "7" and "3" reversed, its 63,700. Not trying to be a d*ck, but I've been checking to see what my current boat is worth and what they say a 2001 is worth that I have been looking at. They're only showing a 2001 twin step at 69K with 500's, no adders, no trailer. If the other guy's comments of "take low NADA and subtract 10K - 20K and you will be close" is anywhere in the ballpark, then sign me up for two 35 twin steps! :party-smiley-004:

man a long day at work for me!! you are right, 63700, for boat and 500 hp motors, i was mostly posting just to show how there numbers are all over the place. does any dealers even use nada or other guides?

bob_t 01-12-2010 09:43 PM

I wonder if current advertised prices go into NADA's price estimate, or if their estimates are based on actual sales (and even those numbers can be misleading if someone is really upside down and the dealer "pays off their loan" ... and just adds that to that cost of their new purchase as trade in equity like they do with cars - that can really screw up an "aggregate used sale price").

H2Xmark 01-12-2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by bob_t (Post 3022785)
I wonder if current advertised prices go into NADA's price estimate, or if their estimates are based on actual sales (and even those numbers can be misleading if someone is really upside down and the dealer "pays off their loan" ... and just adds that to that cost of their new purchase as trade in equity like they do with cars - that can really screw up an "aggregate used sale price").

Very good point!! i might try to email nada and see what they say there prices are based off.

gottahaveone 01-12-2010 10:14 PM

its the laws of supply and demand working here. the nuevo rich of the past few years have suddenly found themselves beyond upside down with various STOOPID investment practices that have forced them to eat alpo dog food and no longer afford a megabuck boat.

when things were good boat mfgs were selling the hell out of boats. now people cant afford them and they have flooded the market with them and will sell them for anything they can get to get out from underneath the high payments.

not very much different than real estate comps. you may a have a millyon dollar home but if yer neighbors sells for 500K yer gonna play hell getting your million out of yours. note to self...........FORECLOSURES SUCK!

watch this upcoming weeks barretts classic car auction and russo and steeles SELL PRICES. i think you will be astounded at where the hot rod muscle car market has gone. and its not gonna be pretty.

with unemployment looking up to 11% you have to be a FOOL to expect top dollar out of ANY TOY for many many years to come.

and then if gas prices soar because of some num-nut pirate hijacking a ship or a refinery fire or some other crap..............well boat sales will be hit even that much harder.

dennis1009 01-12-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by bob_t (Post 3022767)
Thats a little higher than they were showing for a 2001 35 twin step with 470hp 500's, no adders ... I looked at the 97 with 500's and you have the "7" and "3" reversed, its 63,700. Not trying to be a d!ck, but I've been checking to see what my current boat is worth and what they say a 2001 is worth that I have been looking at. They're only showing a 2001 twin step at 69K average retail with 470hp 500's, no adders, no trailer. If the other guy's comments of "take low NADA and subtract 10K - 15K" is anywhere in the ballpark, then sign me up for two 35 twin steps! :party-smiley-004:

PS: I'll take NADA average retail for the package of my 2006 29 Fever with a 114 hr 525EFI on its Myco trailer, if anyone is interested ... I won't add 10K - 30K to the NADA price!

SO WHAT WILL YOU TAKE FOR YOUR 29?

Potomac Fever 01-13-2010 07:01 AM

We all know that NADA in not friendly especially to peformance boats, what I have found is, pricing is what YOU are willing to pay, resale is the downer because if your potential buyer needs financing, most banks and CUs use NADA, or at least so it seems. Thats why most don't want to pay to much outside of this guide IMHO. I agree with an earlier post, Make your offers and don't be discourgaged if you hear no. Just my .02