Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spectre Powerboats?? New hull and new (old) owner? >

Spectre Powerboats?? New hull and new (old) owner?

Notices

Spectre Powerboats?? New hull and new (old) owner?

Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Well,Smarty pants - your right, the eliminator 42 does look like a Spectre - because it is a Spectre. After Jay sold the molds to Scott Conrad, Scott stored the molds at Eliminator. Scott and Eliminator were working a deal which never happened. The rendering on the Eliminator sight was drawn by Jay in 2002 and was given to Scott Conrad with the sale of the molds.

In regards to the 36' (which is soooo old news) Jay created the 35' motion - There is plenty of documentation that proves the plug was NOT taken from a Skater and was built out of wood. BTW - Jay and Peter are friends and you are the only one who has friction over this.

Now stop being a jealous sissy and realize you are not all knowing.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I know Jay was a partner in Motion when the 35 was created. Are you saying the 36 has no roots from a Skater? The 36 is just a foot longer and a little wider than a 35 motion but is is basically the same boat..........which is a longer 32 Skater. I've talked to the guy who owned the 32 Skater that was splashed. I have nothing against Spectre by Jay builds a great boat and cant wait to see an better running 36 and updated 32! Are any of the new boats going to be flat decks??
Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suicideblonde
Well,Smarty pants - your right, the eliminator 42 does look like a Spectre - because it is a Spectre. After Jay sold the molds to Scott Conrad, Scott stored the molds at Eliminator. Scott and Eliminator were working a deal which never happened. The rendering on the Eliminator sight was drawn by Jay in 2002 and was given to Scott Conrad with the sale of the molds.

In regards to the 36' (which is soooo old news) Jay created the 35' motion - There is plenty of documentation that proves the plug was NOT taken from a Skater and was built out of wood. BTW - Jay and Peter are friends and you are the only one who has friction over this.

Now stop being a jealous sissy and realize you are not all knowing.
No Blondie I said it looked like ,Well the top picture in post 37.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

On a more positive note - (Negativity SUCKS.)
Regardless of who was first - whether is was Ron Jones' first successful racing cat in 1972 or any other cat (Skater, MTI, Eliminator, etc) they all have their own roots which have made them great boats and successful.

I had the opportunity to drive a 32' Spectre (yes, by myself) - the boat was still in break in mode and I reached 103 mph with just one hand. Which is not bad for a fishing girl.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suicideblonde
On a more positive note - (Negativity SUCKS.)
Regardless of who was first - whether is was Ron Jones' first successful racing cat in 1972 or any other cat (Skater, MTI, Eliminator, etc) they all have their own roots which have made them great boats and successful.

I had the opportunity to drive a 32' Spectre (yes, by myself) - the boat was still in break in mode and I reached 103 mph with just one hand. Which is not bad for a fishing girl.
The Cat was the Second Boat invent by man after he kept falling off the single log!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
The Cat was the Second Boat invent by man after he kept falling off the single log!
That was very poetic......
Old 01-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A flat deck 36 would be awesome, IMHO the old classic style deck makes them look a little dated... either with the 32CS wrap around screen or canopies.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

A flat deck version is available as they are built one off. This will give you the wherewithall to accomodate any design concept as well as cockpit/canopy configuration.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

So did Jay get the 42' molds back from Eliminator and and SC?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

A deal has been struck and the molds will be in Florida soon. Jay will be building the boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.