Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another bedtime offshore adventure story by Bobthebuilder - Story #2 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/223281-another-bedtime-offshore-adventure-story-bobthebuilder-story-2-a.html)

Bobthebuilder 01-24-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by live wire (Post 3030383)
Another great story ... keep'em coming

I dug a box of old pictures out today and has that ever brought a lot of great memories back. I really could write a book but won't likely. There will eventually be several more adventure and also some just plain funny stories tho. I will let these two run their coarse and will work on putting more together for posting after I'm back from the Miami boat show.
Enjoy at your leisure, :)
Bob

Racegirl3 01-24-2010 01:20 PM

You are amazing :kiss:

Bobthebuilder 01-24-2010 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3030604)
You are amazing :kiss:

No Dawn, you are !! :)

Bobthebuilder 01-24-2010 01:49 PM

Just a comment on the US Customs thing. I think they were just having a bit of fun jerking us around. It is not just a USA thing either as the same thing happens here in Canada. Every once in a while we hear of a ridiculous situation. I have been back to the Bahamas about 5 or 6 times since that encounter and have made a point of avoiding Miami and clearing in and out of Ft Lauderdale which seems to be easier.
What I have learned is to not let them get to you. Always keep your cool. Watching you squirm for them is what it is all about. It was the same when we returned from Cuba a few months ago. I am not speaking of all of the civil service ( did I just say service? LOL ) of coarse, just those few that for some reason do not come across as real helpful.
Bob

Out There 01-24-2010 08:39 PM

Great reading. Now I have to look for the first story!
:drink:

freshwaterfiend 01-25-2010 12:37 PM

Awesome story, Bob.

Bobthebuilder 01-25-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend (Post 3031247)
Awesome story, Bob.

Thanks, Rob. I even have a 1986 adventure story on Georgian Bay in the Pachanga that my Canadian friends could relate to. I will put it on the list. LOL Amazing all of the trips etc that I have thought about since statrting this.
Bob

Dean Ferry 01-25-2010 01:03 PM

Great story Bob, keep them coming!
Thanks
Dean

chuckbeecher 01-25-2010 01:09 PM

I love it and have to laugh at Palm Beach..
if Customs at the Port is closed or too busy you are to go to Customs at the West Palm airport.
It's between 8 and 10 miles away.
Now some types could loose "someone" or "something" in that distance.
Go figure!!!!!!:eek:

Bobthebuilder 01-25-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher (Post 3031265)
I love it and have to laugh at Palm Beach..
if Customs at the Port is closed or too busy you are to go to Customs at the West Palm airport.
It's between 8 and 10 miles away.
Now some types could loose "someone" or "something" in that distance.
Go figure!!!!!!:eek:

True. When we arrived in Key West harbor from Cuba in October, I had to call customs at the airport. I said to them, would you like us to come out to the airport to clear? They said no, wait there for us. We have a couple of planes to take care of first then we will be along. I asked for permission to leave the boat and have lunch and they said " no problem, we will call you when we get there". Showed up an hour and a half later. It almost appears that they are understaffed.