Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is it over???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/223283-over.html)

Ptufaro 01-24-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 3030500)
I bet your son is already thinking about a new boat Pete, what will it be?
Will it start with a S or a M

No they dont call them Scisim's any more just MTI :lolhit:

pbam22 01-24-2010 11:40 AM

what about the lot is it for sale?

CAL MAN 01-24-2010 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ptufaro (Post 3030558)
No they dont call them Scisim's any more just MTI :lolhit:

:drink:

TCBoss302 01-24-2010 01:07 PM

Dude, The eye-candy alone makes it worth while to tie up with the "younger crowd"!!!

Powerquest230 01-24-2010 01:39 PM

"My friends and I were such an elite club"

Sounds like maybe you have changed. The high end equipment has evolved but I think the sport is the same- at least around here it is about people enjoying their boats and the water. We even enjoy ourselves on our budget boat..
Rick

johnny g 01-24-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by pbam22 (Post 3030559)
what about the lot is it for sale?

The lot is for sale. Gimme a call @ 225-717-8901 Its at the end of Bayou Terrace in the no wake zone right by the weir. Great lot, you get the view of the Diversion and the Amite.

Raylar 01-24-2010 02:30 PM

Funny Feeling!

Boating is something I think gets into your blood and into your cells and then it proceeds into that special place in the brain where we keep things fond and dear to us along with some of lifes other desserts!

Its not just seeing cool boats that makes you a boater or a performance boater, its hopefully the great times with good friends and family you had out on the water and around the boats thats makes it something most of us cant get out of that spot in our brain, and thank god we can't.
Its the times out on the water during great weather, the feel of wind in your face and the thrill of speed on the water and listening to that special sound of a performance engine out on the water. Its that great time you had with some buddies with cold beer wrenching on that boat in the driveway, shop or garage and all the tales you hear and share with others who have this same passion. Its that tingle you get when a great sounding boat rips by you at anchor or on the dock that gets your juices flowing.
In todays times of video games, twitter, forums, TV, and mundane times in life especially in your free time that boating and as well performance boating will heal your soul and stimulate your mind and senses.
Don't ever give up this love and passion unless your ready for the undertaker!
Remember that sometimes the worst day boating is better than the best day doing nothing worthwhile!!

Think long and hard before you make your life anymore anaseptic than it already is, You Know what I am Talking About!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

NKissau 01-24-2010 03:00 PM

Ray,
It's great to hear such enthusiasm from someone in your position. Too many times we hear "don't make your hobby your job" well you've managed to successfully do so. Congratz!

hotjava66 01-24-2010 03:29 PM

Things change, but if you do quit boating, you need to find something else you like to do imho. Doing things you enjoy is what makes life worth living, and creates the memories we cherish. I have gone through times where i didnt have anything to look forward to besides the daily grind and chores and they are the most unhappy of my life. Having something to look forward to is what makes the rest of it worthwhile. Sometimes taking a break from something can bring back the desire, i havent had a boat in years but I remember it fondly, even the problems, and am trying to get back into it, for my kids as much as myself. My best memories as a kid involve boats, water, swimming and beaches.

prostock85 01-24-2010 04:53 PM

My story.... I'm 28. I got into boating not by choice.... it was kind of forced. From the time I could walk my father would take us every weekend right next to Barnegat Light where an island would appear at low tide(since gone). We would hang out all day as a family, setting up collapsible tables and the grill.

I loved boating but hated going fast, the noise etc.... Eventually I was finally getting used to it and feeling comfortable, he was killed at work. I was 12. The only time I was on a boat again was to put his ashes in the water at buoy 14 in the Barnegat inlet.

I always wanted to boat but the water was now different to me. I couldn't just go out with anyone, I wanted to do it myself. Since my grandfather was in the coast guard auxiliary I was able to take the test. At 13 I got my license.

I was around 20 when I bought my first boat, a '97 18ft sea-doo challenger for $6,000. Thing barely ran but I loved it. First time out, (since getting my license and boat) it broke a drive shaft. Stupid as it sounds I was hooked. Fixed it and went on to break more things... so on and so on. It brought me back to my childhood, working on the boat with my father. Since then, I've had an 18' Ebbtide, 24' Chris Craft, 31' Chris Craft, and now the Fountain. They all had their issues but that's what it was about with me. I can't afford a beautiful, perfect boat, so I will enjoy the water and the memories on it even if it requires an oar.

In short, we all have a passion for the sport, for one reason or another. And this is mine.