Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fell on a roof fighting a fire and twisted my wrist BIG TIME! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22344-fell-roof-fighting-fire-twisted-my-wrist-big-time.html)

Shane 04-16-2002 08:59 AM

Fell on a roof fighting a fire and twisted my wrist BIG TIME!

We were doing a live burn for training last night and I was on the roof doing over haul. The roof I was standing on was a roof above a roof over a covered porch. The home owner needed to replace teh roof so he laid 2X4's on edge to make joists and re-roofed it. No problem we just had to cut it open to make sure no fire was between the roof's. We are burning it to the ground on Saturday. Anyway, the fire from the 1st floor made it to the second floor and we did not want that to happen because we had burned the 2nd floor ALOT already and didn't want it to lose any more structural integrity. I was standing on the inner roof between the joists putting out the fire on the second floor. We were getting ready to move to another window to put the fire out in another room and my partner pulled the hose knocking me over. As I went to put my arm out to brace my fall my wrist twisted between two joists and bruised it up real bad. No breaks just some swelling, stiffness and soreness. Oh well, stuff happens right? Just doesn't look good for the snowmobile race this weekend with a sore wrist.:(

Shane :cool:

CigDaze 04-16-2002 09:12 AM

Damn dude!
That's doesn't sound too good! Hope you're well soon! BTW, throttle hand or steering hand? LOL! Wish you a speedy recovery!

skatermike24 04-16-2002 09:22 AM

Hope it wasn't your throttle hand, get well :cool:

Shane 04-16-2002 09:26 AM

I'll be fine on a few days. Thanks guys. It was a left hand. My wife said same thing about the throttle hand! Gotta love her! :D :D

tanned fat looks better 04-16-2002 11:05 AM

Damn Shane...............trainings are just as dangerous as the real thing aren't they?.............your lucky he didn't knock you off the roof.

Be careful dude.............:D I heard you where good at surfing and typing with one hand anyway:D :D :D :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2002 11:40 AM

:( As the saying goes, "It could have been worse..." Wish ya a quick recover!!! Afterall, SKATERFEST is not that far away...;)

kevin225BR 04-16-2002 12:23 PM

Nothing like a little fire, Glade to here you are ok. Send some of the Red Dragon my way please.

Ron P 04-16-2002 12:26 PM

Snowmobile race???? It's 90 degrees out today!!!!!!

Audiofn 04-16-2002 12:42 PM

Well at leaste it was not your Floggind.... I mean Throttleing hand :p :p :p

Shane 04-16-2002 01:21 PM

Yeah I am multi-talented. You should see all teh things I can do at once when both hands are 100%!:p :rolleyes:

RonP,
Ski areas up here still have man made stuff on teh ground and many are still open.

See you at Skaterfest guys! I cannot wait!

Shane:cool: