Notices

Need new dialup

Old 04-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new dialup

Im trying to figure out which dialup service to use when im on the road. We are on cable at home and also have a local dial-up that I have been using. But when I am on the road the Long distance fees and hotel rates Kill me.

Who uses what and what are the rates. Most of my travel is through All of Kansas and Missouri. We are starting a new venture May 1 and I would like to find something before then to cut some expenses and be able to finally drop the local dialup service we have too.

Thanks

LP
Old 04-14-2002, 03:33 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sprint come the summer will have service at DSL speed from the cellular phones. The phones that will work with it ARE NOT currently available but should be soon. I am not sure how often you go on line on the road of course your OSO could start to rack up the numbers They may also have a dial up service that works from all over? Let me know if I can help at all.

Jon
Old 04-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there use to be a company a few years back that had quite extensive access #'s around the country called concentric.net. I use msn when on the road.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Blueman

I would think AT&T,prodigy or aol would have local numbers where you travel. I would call and ask them about local numbers for where you travel.
Hope this helps

Old 04-15-2002, 12:32 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

audio if you have any details on the high speed wireless cell service let me know please.

this is teh first i am hearing of this but it would be SWEET!
Old 04-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I use Netzero for free. I think they give 9 hours for free and they try to control what sites you can go to. Just open anouther browser window and off you go. I use it in the laptop as they have local numbers everywhere I have been.

I can even suck in my email from all of my POP3 accounts but I must use the Netzero POP3 server to send out, its becuase my cable modem provider won't allow emails to be sent through their server when I'm outside of the network.

www.netzero.com
Old 04-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kevin, I use MSN both home and on the go
It is usually the motel cost that really stink

I am not sure what dities you travel to but if it a minor to major metro MSN is all over.
I have found sometimes in smaller out of town places with no access.
Reason I do not want ot go to broadband is because I do not want to loos my dialup across the travel times.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Audio,

The buzz in the wireless world is, if and when Sprint actually comes out with this the speeds won't be as advertized.

Kevin,

Nextel at the end of the year will have a wireless card that will fit in your laptop and your phone only needs to be close and it will have fast speeds and you will be able to take incoming calls while on line.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Lutz,

Call Laurie Long, with Ionics communications, in your area, but not sure of the number...friend of mine, been in communications for quite some time...she should have some ideas!! Plus, she used to work for Sprint as well.

WM

P.s. You have mail...I sent you her cell#, and called her to tell her to look for you to call.

Last edited by WaterMoose; 04-16-2002 at 02:17 PM.