32 skater rough water ability >

32 skater rough water ability

Notices

32 skater rough water ability

Old 01-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy
I thought the thread was about being comfortable? I know on Lake Erie, if the waves are 5 to 6 the C.G. issues a small craft advisory...and they mean it. I have noticed on the ocean 5 and 6s are more swells than waves, and can be pushed with speed. On our little puddle they are more like 5 and 6ft brick walls that are close together, especially between the islands. I know when I @#&k up and wait too look to make the run home and the lake is worked up...I am usually the only dummy out there..and I am going slow caus they hurt. just sayin..
I grew up on Lake Erie and you are right... 5-6's on Erie are sharp, close together breakers and NOT where you want to be. NOTHING like 5-6's here in the Gulf.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Getting Air
Probably crazy people in the boat!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

after all this years he knows all his off spring.Who bought them who raced them and who
owns them present. That said a great person friend and business man

You are right on the money about Peter top notch guy! When I purchased this boat I called Him about it, As soon as I told him It was the witz end race boat he told me everything from A-Z about the boat you would have thought he built it yesterday! I am the third owner and he knew the other to personally. He asked if he could call me back later and I said sure! He called me back in about an hour, He had went and pulled the file and build sheets on the boat! He answered every question I has and mailed the original info on the boat to me! All this on a boat he built 15 yrs ago! He didnt make a dime off of be but treared me as if I just purchased it from him. That is what I call customer service, and why when I buy a new boat it will be from him!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sandlotsparks
what do you disagree with? do you own and have experience with the 32' or 40+ cats?
I have A LOT of experience as matter of fact........but by the looks of this thread i'm not the only that disagree with you...just depends how big you have them and honestly you dont need them that big

Last edited by thedonz; 01-29-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Probably crazy people in the boat!!!
Just think if we teamed up in the same boat ya crazy mofo!! R rated for sure.
Look no hands and fixing you a drink.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 32-DD
after all this years he knows all his off spring.Who bought them who raced them and who
owns them present. That said a great person friend and business man

You are right on the money about Peter top notch guy! When I purchased this boat I called Him about it, As soon as I told him It was the witz end race boat he told me everything from A-Z about the boat you would have thought he built it yesterday! I am the third owner and he knew the other to personally. He asked if he could call me back later and I said sure! He called me back in about an hour, He had went and pulled the file and build sheets on the boat! He answered every question I has and mailed the original info on the boat to me! All this on a boat he built 15 yrs ago! He didnt make a dime off of be but treared me as if I just purchased it from him. That is what I call customer service, and why when I buy a new boat it will be from him!
Thats our Skater Dad!! I love converted race boats and so does Peter,keeps the market moving and from what i can see yours looks like a 2010.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Steve to look at the boat and I have worked on it and boat on the same lake now. I tell ya pics dont do it any any justice it is one Sweeeet peice of machinery. He just had one of our local shops ( Marine Pro ) do some custom storage compartments in the cockpit for some storage room, they did a great job utilizing the space in front of the fuel cells.
I luv the 32' Skaters but I am pretty partial to 30' Shadow's.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Not one single time in all 9 pages of this thread has anyone said anything about an Apache.
An Apache would have went to Hong Kong & back in Typhoon conditions on one engine with water contaminated fuel before the Skaters or Laveys even would have made it out of the harbor.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Not one single time in all 9 pages of this thread has anyone said anything about an Apache.
An Apache would have went to Hong Kong & back in Typhoon conditions on one engine with water contaminated fuel before the Skaters or Laveys even would have made it out of the harbor.
what are you smoking
Old 01-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Just think if we teamed up in the same boat ya crazy mofo!! R rated for sure.
Look no hands and fixing you a drink.

Having fun is part of the game in life and boating!!! I think we have that part handled!! See u in Miami!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.