Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32 skater rough water ability >

32 skater rough water ability

Notices

32 skater rough water ability

Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it because the guy didn't know how to drive it?

UD
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

You're right.... No one cares and that's why you guys felt the need to defend something that you weren't even there for and "nobody" cares about....
Ever heard the saying, "you have to care about something to hate it...."
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I thought it because the guy didn't know how to drive it?

UD
If any of those Skater's wanted to really run they could have. You seem to care since you've stated you gave those Skater's a run for their money when any of them are capable of walking away from a vee bottom. I could give a hoot but when someone says that a 32 or 36 Skater in that size water cant run well it's just not true (Point of this thread). Im sure your Lavey ran good for what it is but a 36 Skater and even a 32 with 6's set up right will run right by you.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 01-28-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

water conditions

go back and watch that video. when you start seeing voids in the water spray , then you guys can start saying its rough. that looked pretty calm.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys never ment to start an argument just wanted some feedback. I know what I have been able to run the boat in, was just curious on others experiances! Were I boat I have never incountered water conditions were I couldnt run the boat as hard as I wanted to when I wanted to. But as I stated in the beginning I boat mainly on a inland lake in SC.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 32-DD
Guys never ment to start an argument just wanted some feedback. I know what I have been able to run the boat in, was just curious on others experiances! Were I boat I have never incountered water conditions were I couldnt run the boat as hard as I wanted to when I wanted to. But as I stated in the beginning I boat mainly on a inland lake in SC.
Ok, never mind then. Thought I had seen the boat somewhere else. Well good luck with that Skater! Its a beauty!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32-DD

I thought the video would be a fun addition and would be informative I wanst trying to stir a mfgr debate.

Curious - How big did the water look in the video to you?

(and your skater does look great)

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-28-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added comment.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Are you really saying your 30 ft cat will run with a 40 ft v in big water?

really?

UD
First of all that's my sons boat and read the post I was talking about driving seat time and yes I would put money On the Shadow Cat..The Shadow will always be one of the best rough water 30' Cats ever built.
I use to own it and ran it with 2400 Hp and woop as* on a 40' Skater turbine powered. The water was easy 3-5s in lake. Have you ever heard of Jesse James,Special Edition,Maxon and many more that raced and won many real offshore races national and world titles. Maybe T2x will post on the subject.
Big difference in a 40V and a 40 EVO V. Nice hull but wont run with a Cigarette,Outerlimits,Fountain.
Let me now when they win a race or even race offshore. Eliminator did it once didn't work out so well.
Next ed
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Biotch slapping Vees!
That is why your the Senior Skater brother
That was my son he ran that boat 110 - 120 for the entire emerald coast poker run. We made 7 stops in 1: 47 minutes.The times were stamped on the playing cards.
It runs in the family!!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
First of all that's my sons boat and read the post I was talking about driving seat time and yes I would put money On the Shadow Cat..The Shadow will always be one of the best rough water 30' Cats ever built.
I use to own it and ran it with 2400 Hp and woop as* on a 40' Skater turbine powered. The water was easy 3-5s in lake. Have you ever heard of Jesse James,Special Edition,Maxon and many more that raced and won many real offshore races national and world titles. Maybe T2x will post on the subject.
Big difference in a 40V and a 40 EVO V. Nice hull but wont run with a Cigarette,Outerlimits,Fountain.
Let me now when they win a race or even race offshore. Eliminator did it once didn't work out so well.
Next ed
Yes I have hard of the jesse James boat and from what I can remember it was awesome.

Actual Lavey did race for several years.

Lavey had a very successful super V lite campaign (world champs actually) and they won a Key West Offshore championship.

They also set the single engine SVL speed record in 06.

It actually out- accelerated Everything including the OL (look it up) . The OL was fastest top end followed by the lavey.

Before you slam them you might have looked it up.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-28-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.