Notices

New volvo ECM's

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink New volvo ECM's

Does anybody know who can do reporgramming on the newer Volvo ECM's (E-controls type) that they and others like Pleasurecraft and others have been using since 2006 and later?

Please let me know or PM me , thanks.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 01-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-controls is in San Antonio and extremely tight with there software. They are not required to meet any of the automotive standards so they are the only ones with access to the software. The actual program used to make changes is a password protected excel spreadsheet. I used to work with them for Ford industrial products that Is how I am familiar with them.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered

Wink

Dave, could you or anyone you know use a data logger and read all the parameters and then record those so a new full flash upload could be written as I have the software to program an E-controls ECM but not without first loading a new base program in the ECM. When the Volvo program is removed without a source code the ECM will be empty as you probably know.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Ray,
I will do some checking today. The problem is without the base .MOT file it is extremely difficult to make changes and upload them.With the base file you can just run a file compare and highlight the differences between the overlay and base and save the differences creating a new cal file. They are extremely tight lipped with the .MOT files because of the emissions issues and liability. I will do some checking today. I can almost guarantee you that the base for the comparable Crusader engine model are the same since they are the same GM base engine. I will let you know what I come up with.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Smile

Dave:

Thanks for the help and information.
I know they do not share this information.
I think even we could bring up a complete .Mot file we could build a new .Mot file to match with our parameters and then use that file to do a download. I don't really want to modify the factory .mot file unless its easier. Is that your thought too.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Ray,
All of the timing and fuel curve is in the .mot file. The overlay or .cal file is the more generic governing stuff. I'm waiting to hear back from an old friend who may be able to help out. I new I should have kept those macros files when I left