If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Charter Member#1205 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    1988 scarab/1996 502 efi
    fast scarab, usa

Who's been in Amsterdam, a real boat city

Went to Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Holland and just got back.
    Being an EX hippie I was not going to test my myself by going to Amsterdam with all that I'd heard, but after a long high speed boat trip in the North Sea (7'-10'seas)on a new 150+' long turbine alum ferry that averaged 37knots (no kidding check out we decided to check out the boats in Amsterdam.

We got to Amsterdam which is like Venice, Italy and full of canals, also, the whole country is diked with these 4 story earth mounds to keep out the North Sea. I wanted to stay on one of the converted barges but couldn't find any info on renting one, so I just walked around the first afternoon knocking on barge windows until I hooked up with a guy who had one to rent. Stayed for 1 weeks on a beautiful 100 year old barge condo, moored on a canal in the town center @ $100 per day. It was unreal there. The stoners get high in coffee houses that are set up for drug heads with everything they might want, the red lite district is interesting but they can't hold a candle to the south Florida girls.
    The marine industry and history of the area was the best, all kinds of boats and a great boat museum. I highly suggest a trip there and if any wants to stay on a boat let me know.

Saw scarabs and some foreign offshore boats there and it looks like party place!!!

So you were hanging around Canal Street. I found myself wandering aimlessly after visiting a couple of coffee shops. We drove there from Hamburg in a buddies new M-5 6 speed, sweeet.

My Boats:
    Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
    Spent time there this past March... It was awesome!

Charter Member#203 Charter Member Pete B's Avatar
    My Boats:
    98 Scarab 302 Sport
    Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
    Been there 3 times , once for 45 days in 99, what a great place,
    unfortunately coundnt hang out at the coffee shops but did consume a lot of beer. and what would a trip to amsterdam be without a trip to the district. since i had been there before i was the tour guide for the whole trip. the whole country is awesome
    great place to go.