Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Go Pro Video - Running thru the Florida Keys (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/224186-go-pro-video-running-thru-florida-keys.html)

LZH 02-09-2010 04:47 PM

Nice driving man....looked like a blast, thanks for posting the vids. U really have to know your way around down there or you can end up in trouble fast....

PPSB 02-09-2010 06:18 PM

Great videos. Just wondering how deep the water is running through those channels?
P.S. PETA isn't going to be happy with that run under the bridge.:evilb:

Bobthebuilder 02-09-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by PPSB (Post 3042844)
Great videos. Just wondering how deep the water is running through those channels?
P.S. PETA isn't going to be happy with that run under the bridge.:evilb:

Most of that water is no more than 8ft which is twice the depth we have around the Islands around Marco. If you get out of the channel and into brown water you're in trouble.

It wasn't marked, so we aren't coming off plane!! PETA or no PETA. LOL

Bobthebuilder 02-09-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by LZH (Post 3042789)
Nice driving man....looked like a blast, thanks for posting the vids. U really have to know your way around down there or you can end up in trouble fast....

Very true and many do end up in trouble. Sea Tow and Boat US do very well in the Keys.

Bobthebuilder 02-09-2010 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 3042657)
Bob, great videos! Being so close to shore sure adds some perception of speed.. I like the song on the second video, what is it?

Song is "From Paris to Berlin". I will check the artist name and edit this post later. When I initially posted a song that had copywrite issues they allow you to go back in and edit your music selection. They have a selection of songs that you can choose from, most of which are just crap. This song had a bit of a beat to it and was about the best of the lot.

RaggedEdge 02-09-2010 06:55 PM

Bob, You're the man! Amazing how steady the video is, guess that's what 50' of bad azz hull can do for you. Third one won't come up for me either.

Do you realize that with a couple hundred dollar camera and a few minutes of your time you may single handedly cure cabin fever for an untold number of middle aged perf boat freaks. Keep up the good work, our sanity is in your hands.

Expat 02-09-2010 07:02 PM

Very nice Bob. Good to see where others get to use their boats. Keep the videos coming. We all appreciate them.

hoserhead 02-09-2010 07:28 PM

you da man. zztop and a gofast. great vids. thanks again for the smiles.

mcraymond3 02-09-2010 07:57 PM

I enjoyed those a lot. Thanks for posting. How much fun was KW for Super Bowl?

Bobthebuilder 02-09-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 3042880)
Very nice Bob. Good to see where others get to use their boats. Keep the videos coming. We all appreciate them.

Thanks, David. I have a plan to get the boat down to the BVI in April so all being well we will be seeing you in the Islands.
Bob