Notices

Kilo Record Mania

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
You know, I think it was a bit odd that Fiore left under cover of darkness...sticking around and explaining your boat just isn't running right and that it wasn't worth going after the kilo would have been the better move...it might have removed the speculation that has come to be known as fact...remember, perception is reality...the Outerlimits simply didn't have the capability to run in the high 160's or 170's. Stick around and congratulate the winner...that's the right thing to do.

You can hate on Fountain all you want, but I think most people who really appreciate offshore powerboating would agree, Reggie Fountain has done more for offshore powerboating than any other icon since the death of Don Aronow. He lived it and breathed it...he put his name on it and most people have trouble beating his boats.

I think Outerlimits has seriously raised the bar when it comes to quality, fit and finish on a custom boat...they quite frankly are second to none. Their performance is nothing to shake a stick at...they're solid performers all the way around. Thank God Mike Fiore has remained in this business to become a benchmark that others are often measured by...but I wish the Fountain haters could see the value that Reggie and his company have brought to the sport as well.

I think the love/hate over some manufacturers isn't too distant from what we see in NASCAR...Ford, Chevy...they both have loyal fans and I guess it's the rivalry that keeps things interesting.
Outerlimits are very capable of running those numbers. Love him or hate him Reggie has done alot for this sport!! He is a very smart guy with his boats and marketing.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Outerlimits are very capable of running those numbers. Love him or hate him Reggie has done alot for this sport!! He is a very smart guy with his boats and marketing.
I assume there is no reason (money) for them to try.

I think it is cool that Fountains are compared to outer limits, cigs and such.

Pretty impressive to have a production company compared to a very expensive custom builder all the time. I know the kilo boat wasn't a production boat but here on this site people are always saying how much better a OL is to a Fountain, and it should be.
I rarely see Baja, Formula, Checkmate, compared to a company that builds as nice of a boat as OL.

For that matter everyone bashes the built in swim platform on fountains but ignores them and the "European diving boards" on other brands.

Too funny.

Sorry for the high jack,
Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they could, they most certainly would try. I gotta bet that sticks in Mike Fiore's craw still today.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I assume there is no reason (money) for them to try.

I think it is cool that Fountains are compared to outer limits, cigs and such.

Pretty impressive to have a production company compared to a very expensive custom builder all the time. I know the kilo boat wasn't a production boat but here on this site people are always saying how much better a OL is to a Fountain, and it should be.
I rarely see Baja, Formula, Checkmate, compared to a company that builds as nice of a boat as OL.

For that matter everyone bashes the built in swim platform on fountains but ignores them and the "European diving boards" on other brands.

Too funny.

Sorry for the high jack,
The OL was a production boat that anyone could have walked in and bought.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
If they could, they most certainly would try. I gotta bet that sticks in Mike Fiore's craw still today.
Busy building and selling lots of boats. Believe me they can and maybe will.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OL was a production boat that anyone could have walked in and bought.
Just like the Cat Killer, which has been sold a few times, and Saratoga Stamped.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care how fast you say you can go, who ever holds the record is the fastest. Why cant it be that simple. Stop talking **** until you can back it up and break the record.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard this for years. Going back to the days of Factory 2 racing, where were the Outerlimits. Only one showed up and that was Wild Child. He ran good but VERY seldom did he beat the Fountains. All boats had the same engine package. The OL was 37 feet and the Fountain 38. No doubt OL builds a great boat and most would love to have one, me included, but if you want to go FAST, go Fountain.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

OH I forgot, as far as Scarab goes, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING. Not even on the same lake as a Fountain.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Just like the Cat Killer, which has been sold a few times, and Saratoga Stamped.
So how many cat killers are out there or Saratogas??? There's alot of 47GTX's out there..............just saying. There is no way the bottom on cat killer is a regualr 47 bottom and Im sure Saratoga has been modified as well from the normal 42 bottom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.