Stainless Steel Fabricators >

Stainless Steel Fabricators

Notices

Stainless Steel Fabricators

Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stainless Steel Fabricators

I'm in need of a boarding ladder for my 232 Cobalt. Dam thing broke off and is at the bottom of the intercoastal waterway. Anyway Cobalt doesn't have the jigs anymore and apparently isn't interested in building me one so I come you all.
http://www.cobaltboats.com/art/broch...obalt_1999.pdf
Page 23 show the ladder all folded up. I still have the part that attaches to the swim platform and the first rung, so all I need is a "U" shaped piece with the middle step welded in. I can send out the upper rung to help with the fabrication and could even put together some type of "shop" drawing for you. I'm thinking this is 3/4" round stainless tubing.
Also there was originally plastic steps that through bolted into this (you can kind of make them out in the picture). Anybody have any idea where I could track something like that down?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can build you one. What year 232 Cobalt is it? I may just have something laying around out here at the Lake. I do Stainless and Aluminum custom fabrication from Sea Rays to David Scotts, Nauti Marine Mystic. Here is a site of my Aluminum work. (wetsteps.com) My info is on the site if you like to give me a call.

Thanks;
Old 02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 1999. Once it stops raining I can snap some pictures and get them over to you so you can see what is exactly involved. Should be a pretty easy job.