Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Anybody work at an Acura dealer? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22467-ot-anybody-work-acura-dealer.html)

BillR 04-18-2002 08:54 AM

OT: Anybody work at an Acura dealer?

I have a new Acura that is having A/C problems. Dealer says no problem found despite my hard fact data.

I don't want to bore everyone with details here, but if someone works at Acura, I need some help please. Just email me.

[email protected]

Thanks

Vyper340 04-18-2002 09:34 AM

Time for a new car again! Go back to the Germans they seem to be leading the pack these days.

What are the issues and 'facts'?

Dean Ferry 04-18-2002 11:24 AM

BillR,
Good luck! We had such a bad experience with my wife's 96 Acura 2.5 TL that we sued the local dealer, and we are going to settle here in the next month of so. What are the lemon laws in your state? That's always the last hope, but in Fl. they work!!
I think Acura makes a good car, our problem was with the local LOSER of a dealer!:mad:
That's ok, we have them on a count of FRAUD, sooo...
MD
BTW, Bought my wife a new 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE fully loaded with the new 255 HP 3.5 V-6, MAN that car just flat hauls butt!! The BOSS is very happy:D

Sydwayz 04-18-2002 11:29 AM

Please keep this thread updated. I love the Acura TL-S and am pushing my father to buy one. I do not want to push him into junk. (I already steered him from the BMW. LOL here it comes!!)

Chris288 04-18-2002 11:53 AM

Deposit on 2003 CL-S 6 speed ...

Honda (acura) builds EXCELLENT cars,, we have had 7 of them over the years, and never a major repair on ANY OF THEM... tires, exhaust, brakes, thats it.

I Am inches away from a 2003 CL-S with the 6 speed manual with 260 HP. we test drove the car and LOVED it.. Edmunds.com calls it a front wheel drive BMW....

The problem is the dealer.... Make them get it right..

Vyper340 04-18-2002 12:49 PM

I can appreciate what Edmunds is saying but I have driven both before I bought one and I can tell you that there is no real comparison between the two. They drive and handle completely different from each other and have other fundemental differences. Even if someone considered them equal there are a few BIG differences that could help sway the opinion. First is the quality of working with the dealer during and after the sale. Second is what the dealer has to offer when and if the car is in for service. Third is the costs associated with regular maintenance (that may be built in to the sticker price).

When I looked at and seriosly considered the CL-S the biggest things that drove me to the other car where the three things I just listed. Hands down the BMW offers the better plan and service not to mention the way they handle their customers.

BillR 04-18-2002 01:01 PM

The problem is the A/C. The car has automatic climate control and the car is always hot.

I don't think the system is performing up to specs. Acura tested it, and they claim it is fine. I get about 5 seconds cold air, 10 seconds warm air, and so on when I have the AC set this way: Fan=auto, temp=max cool (recirc is on), and vent=auto. Actually, this 'short cycle' problem occurs on all settings, but it is most obvious when the AC is set to 'artic' mode.

In 75 degree air, my A/C did this: Cold air blows at first for about 5 seconds then it blows warmer air, then it cycles back to cold for 3-5 seconds, then warm (cool air) again. It is like the compressor shuts off. The cold air will only come out for a few seconds then it will get warm (cool) again. Then it repeats all over. This happens a few times a minute. You can turn "auto climate control " off and set it to its coldest setting, no difference.

I now have a thermometer in the vent and two measuring the cabin temp. The cabin will not go below 90 when its hot (92) and sunny, but got down to 77 (82 outside) last night.

I plan to take it to another dealer. Other people who have the same model, say the A/C freezes them out. The demo I drove had great A/C, mine sux and the dealer says no problem, even after 3 visits . :eek:

Can you measure air temp from a vent using an infrared gun? The tech measued my A/C yesterday and the temp went as low as 11 degrees on his gun. But at the same time my temp probe read as low as 44 and the air on my hand felt about mid 40's. BUT while in the service lane (inside the bulding, in the shade) the car NEVER got cooler than 87 degrees. It was running about a hour at full blast in the service lane.

I am documenting delivery temp / cabin temp / outside temp / humidity / every time I drive the car.

Sorry bout being so long. :(

OnTheBay 04-18-2002 01:09 PM

Got to jump in here. I just bought the wife a new 2002 Nissan Altima with the new 255 HP 3.5 V-6 the thing flies and turns the heads of young and old alike. Could not be happier, looked at both the BMW and the Acura my score card came out Nissan. I know of someone who works at a Acura dealer but I would not recommend them.:rolleyes:

Chris288 04-18-2002 01:43 PM

I test drove the 330I and...

I think the Acura is a much better deal...

6,000 dollars less, and just as much, if not more for your money... Sure, I would love to have a blue and white propeller on the hood of my car, but I just can't justify the extra 6 grand..

Acura ............. VS.............. BMW

xenon = standard ............... 500.00 extra
260 HP........................... 225 hp
heated seats = standard ......... lux. pack extra
sun/moon roof = standard....... lux. pack 2,500
17 inch rims = standard.......... perf. pack 1,500
6 speed man...................... 5 speed man..
auto adjust front seat stan...... not available
leather standard................. lux. pack/extra
0-60 6.0 seconds................. 0-60 6.0 seconds

Acura.................. better in the snow.
Acura.............. repair labor rate lower.
BMW............ known to have electrical problems.
Acura......... parts cost less
BMW parts could cost 30% more than Acura parts.

So you tell me what your " GETTING " for 6 grand ?? besides a blue and white propellar...

OutlawBayB 04-18-2002 02:23 PM

BillR,
I no longer work for Honda BUT I CAN TELL YOU that a MAJOR difference b/w Honda/Acuras & AMERICAN made cars is the A/C!!!

Being a former Honda owner as well,.......the difference is amazing. Something the general public doesn't know. Even Honda employees for years.....will admit to that when asked :D