Notices

Glastron/Carrera/Larson?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glastron/Carrera/Larson?

After having to sell my 32' Chap Laser last year due to a divorce I am looking to get back into boating.

With that said, I have been wanting a Larson Senza Specter for some time now - but also have interest in two more - and am also looking for suggestions on others.

My needs are: Seating for 6, a cabin, high 50's or low 60's performance. Dead reliable, attractive, stock, single i/o, gas, cabin suitable for an overnight or two for 2 people with at least a modest air of a performance boat (no more family cuddy cabins)..I would prefer a fiberglass liner rather than carpet on the outside, bolster seats with comfy rear bench seats and a sun deck.

Price needs to be sub $20k - and honestly more like $12-$15k. But in todays economy that shouldnt be a huge trick.

So along with the Senza Specter I am also interested in a Glastron CSS28 - only problem with the CSS is that I have *never* seen one with the single 502 option that they came with, and I do not want a twin again.

I also by pure accident stumbled across a Carrera 27 Cyclone closed bow and did some research to find that you can have a mid 90's model for WAY under $20k.. I also looked for an Elan, but I am afraid that model was probably a twin, and is likely larger than I want anyway -- the next boat will need to be trailerable.

The cyclone/elan are both pretty hardcode 80's looking boats, but they are also timeless designs. The CSS is absolutely my fav, but again I dont think I will ever find a single 502 version... The specter is the most "normal" looking boat of the three, but is absolutely beautiful to me and if I ended up going with it that would be fine.

Considering all of my needs, and price range - if anyone else has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

mark
Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

buehler? buehler? buehler?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only OSO member I know of that owns a Larson Senza is TOPDJ but I haven't seen him post in a long time. He may not even have the boat now.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The Carrera built on the east coast in Fla are a nice boat, also in the mid 80' they sold the blank hulls to cobalt and cobalt built some nice 27 and 29 only the 27 had singles.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Hey how did you like that laser 32 tell me some pro's and cons to it??
Old 02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered

Anybody have any info on the chap 32 laser
Old 02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered

Have you considered a Sea Ray Pachanga? You can get a 22 or 27 with a single. The 22 is more likely to be in your price range.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered

I was under the impression that the Carrera Cyclone, Elan, Effect, etc were all west coast boats - but I may be wrong.

A late model pachanga is probably going to push the affordability limits due to being a "sea ray"..

As far as the Laser goes - its a big boat that rides pretty well in "lake heavy" water. it is absolutely a looker and it runs the perfect line between a bulbous cruiser and a performance (looking) boat.

as far as actual performance, i'm sure it COULD hit 60-65 with maybe twin 502's or more - but with the stock 454's i had in it it was a dog and top speed was around 48 or so - which admittedly felt pretty fast in such a big boat.

The boat is VERY heavy - though I do not remember exact #'s.

I have a gob of high res pics if you would like them - just let me know here and I wil email them to you.

I sold mine for $21k in a divorce.. it was a freaking STEAL!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Hey can you send any info you have and pics on 32 laser!! I have a 32 active thunder now want something with more room!! [email protected] thanks alot!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
The Carrera built on the east coast in Fla are a nice boat, also in the mid 80' they sold the blank hulls to cobalt and cobalt built some nice 27 and 29 only the 27 had singles.
Florida Carrera is not same as Cali Carrera which made the "Cyclone" the poster asked about.
The Florida Carreras were offshore race proven designs while the Cali boats were pretty looking lake boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.