So, if it breaks I just ship it to England for service??@SCOT BB;
MSA need service each 300 working hours (It mean oil change and nothing else), except bigg rubber pipe from transom seal kit which is from Mercruyser!
Two years ago I am have chance to test this drive:
Same boat typ with 2 steps, 4.200 pounds empty weight and with originall 496 HO engines.
- One boat with BravoX with 2 inch higher cavitation plate, bravo 1 prop.
- Second with MSA drive and maximus prop.
- Start by Bravo it was like each start. Bow up, brrrrr and slow acceleration
- with MSAit is like by dragster cars with out of any bow lift! It have speciall chanal for air which vented prop for better start.
- End speed with Bravo1X it was 69 mph.
- with MSA 79 mph until revolution blockade of engine. In my oppinion it is end speed of this combination round of 81-82 mph.!
Two days after test I am buy MSA drive and I do not care if it is first service 800 km from me. So what if have no troubles with it. It look bad yes, but who care, it is under water. And efficiency it is incredible better than by any Z drives.
MSA it is wonderfully drive if you need efficiency and it never blow out. This is surface drive with tunnel effect and you could use standard inox props like Bravo1 or Maximus.
Bigg diference in comparison with for example Arneson it is lot of trim effect and less chine walk of boat.
I do not know what meaning have this in USA, but it is reall quality maded Germany product.
When you install it, you do not need to take care round of X dimension like by Z drives. You only mount it like it is writen in papers and rest make trim.
Sorry for my bad english, but I hope that you understand what I am want to tell.
How many hours on yours?
I still saY VOLVO man, install, never look back...