Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Things must be picking up (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/224747-things-must-picking-up.html)

Mr. Cool 02-19-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 3049511)
I assume because they keep doing it that some one is stupid enough to take them up on the offer?

I know a guy who sent 4K to that Nigerian prince email thingy thinking he was gonna get 400K back. He is desperate and thought he hit the lotto. I think people do crazy things when backed into a corner.

from what I hear, scams are supposed to be doing good business unfortunately.

Sunshadow 02-19-2010 07:51 PM

I think you should see how many bad checks you can collect.

H20 Toie 02-21-2010 03:42 AM

for sure

TOASTY 02-21-2010 07:47 AM

got this type of response when i was selling one of my commercial boats. I knew it was bogus as soon as i read the letter, but broker thought it was good. i told the broker ok do what you want, but you wont get the boat until i get paid full in cash...sent a check that was phony. broker looked confused. told broker to file a police report as he was getting calls at all hours. turned out the scam was in philadelphia pa and the guy was from england and in pa trying to scam sales people that had local ads
be careful some arent as savy

MrOffshore 02-21-2010 10:19 AM

A few things...you should feel lucky to have such a serious buyer so quickly (kidding of course).

I hate...and that's a strong word...but it's true, I hate people who try to take advantage of people like this. Please post his e-mail to me and I will make him wish he's never contacted you...at a very miminum he won't be able to use that account again. I have methods of upsetting people when I run across this type of low caliber person.

253 02-21-2010 11:22 AM

I ran an ad to sell 4 new Hummer H2 wheels & tires, and got a scammer reply on those just last week,, I never replied ,reading his response to my ad was enough .

H20 Toie 02-25-2010 11:34 AM

Boy this gets even better, i got another one so i sent back that the bottom price was $8500 which is more than the ad was for, this is what i got back.

Hello ,

*Thanks for the response , i'll offer you $8,500 for the Boat*and I want you to consider that it is sold to me for now. Concerning the collection , i have made arrangement with the shipping agent that will be coming for the pickup at your location as soon as we seal these transaction .

** * I will arrange a certified check for $13,850 in your name and have it deposited when you get it , then you will deduct the cost of the Boat when the check clears while the remaining balance will be send to the Shipper via money gram money transfer for immediate collection/shipping arrangment of the Boat because i have some other big furnitures and truck parts to be shipped along with it from another location ..

I hope this is okay with you and do get back to me immediately with your ......

FULL NAME :-
CONTACT ADDRESS
LAND OR CELL PHONE # :- *so that the check can be sent ASAP and i will wait for the check to clears before the collection commence at your own convenient time.

**Hope to hear from you soonest...

Regards,
Francis

H20 Toie 02-25-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MrOffshore (Post 3051527)
A few things...you should feel lucky to have such a serious buyer so quickly (kidding of course).

I hate...and that's a strong word...but it's true, I hate people who try to take advantage of people like this. Please post his e-mail to me and I will make him wish he's never contacted you...at a very miminum he won't be able to use that account again. I have methods of upsetting people when I run across this type of low caliber person.

Here are three of them. go get them

Francis Marc <[email protected]>
[email protected]
Matthew Waga <[email protected]>

H20 Toie 02-25-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshadow (Post 3050704)
I think you should see how many bad checks you can collect.

i was thinking about that, that way it would cost them money to mail the checks to me plus printing them