What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

Notices

What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

I Have Noticed They Are Using Less And Less Of Matt's Articles So Do I Say Powerboat Is Going Down Hill, Maybe I'm Bias But I Use To Open The Mag When It Arrived To See What Articles Were In Here From Matt. I Liked What He Wrote About And They Were All Intresting. Greg Writes A Great Article But Matts Articles Kept You Reading Until You Were Done Reading Them. I Know Matt Is The Writer At Large But He Had So Many Articles Over The Years And I See In 2009 They Cut His Artiles Back And I Hope For 2010 He Get More Articles Out There. What Is Your Take On This. He Is By Far One Of Thest Boat Writers Out There.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed, Trulio is a great writer and a great person. I've had the pleasure of boating with him (even pulling the beached Formula he was on off of a sand bar in the Delta near Discovery Bay). He wrote and article and was kind enough to leave the entire beaching incident out...I was first on the sandbar and followed by no less than 5 other boats...I guess I led sheep to the slaughter!! One boat, a Profile was so high and dry it was almost lying on its side...the tide had to come in quite a bit to get it floating again...but it did.

I'd like to see Powerboat start reporting more on what brands of boats are winning the offshore events...most people know what boat is what, but I think it's moronic not to report the brand of boat next to its place in the race stats. Imagine if NASCAR didn't report the brand of car that was racing...fans are loyal to their brand and that's what they follow as much as their favorite drivers.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

MrOffshore of years past?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

I don't want to speak for Matt but with a few less issues there's actually less to write. There's no official "cut matt back" campaign. Matt's a busy guy as you can tell by his website and all the other projects he has going. With all that he still will find time to write for PBM as he always has.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Thanks for the sentiment, but the decrease in my contributions to Powerboat is simply business. Please support the magazine if it is, in fact, something you like.

I love contributing to Powerboat and will do as much (or little) and the people there like. But I've also been freed up to pursue other things like boatermouth.com and speedonthewater.com, and that's given me a ton of satisfaction and joy.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

There has to be something better then Powerboat. They have been steadily going downhill for years.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the latest edition there probably wasn't room. Once I removed the Ford insert there wasn't much left.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
MrOffshore of years past?
One in the same...it's been years since I got the boot, so let's see if I'm still welcome or not!! Good to see some of the same people after such an extended absence.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
NoQuarter

PBM is suffering the same ill of all printed medium. Have you seen any of the business mags lately, or Rolling Stone? These are all now just skeletons of their once great prominence. Sad, but true. I subscribe to a number of publications, and its as though I am watching a cancer patient wither to the bone.

While we will inevitably lose one source to evolution, we have also gained one. Sites like this and, the ones mentioned by Matt, offer a plethora of information. Personally I can't even begin to describe how much I have learned from OSO's Q&A section, and how much that knowledge has helped my offshore program.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Isn't Bob Teague the owner, chief writer and editor of PBM?

Sometimes I can't tell.

T2x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.