Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38' Donzi national liquidators (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/224874-38-donzi-national-liquidators.html)

beertruck 02-22-2010 08:48 AM

a buddy spoke to national liquidators, they said the boat sank, engines seized, and no outdrives.

Wahoo ATV 02-22-2010 08:51 AM

the google search has the following warning when I pulled it up.

National LiquidatorsThis site may harm your computer.
Weekly sealed

bert4332 02-22-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by beertruck (Post 3052048)
a buddy spoke to national liquidators, they said the boat sank, engines seized, and no outdrives.

Why wouldn't they just disclose that on the site, now they have to field calls and repeat the same thing to each person.

glassdave 02-22-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV (Post 3052054)
the google search has the following warning when I pulled it up.

National LiquidatorsThis site may harm your computer.
Weekly sealed

got the same thing.

Cig35Mistress 02-22-2010 12:08 PM

I frequent National's website to check for updated inventory, and never had a virus warning. I run Ad-Aware, AVG and Malwarebytes regularly as well.

In my opinion, National always seems to have a hidden agenda. I've been told by numerous individuals that the "suggested minimum bid" means absolutely nothing, there is no real "sealed bid process" and basically if you walked in with cash in hand you could very likely make a deal. Furthermore, I've been told that you can negotiate directly with the banks on the repo boats, because National gets their fee regardless. Again, this is just what I was told - I haven't confirmed nor denied it personally.

I have been there facility in Fort Lauderdale, and it's overwhelming.

Harry

BONDO10 02-22-2010 05:09 PM

I tried to get some information on a 382 fastech they had about 5 months ago. They would not discuss any additional info with me unless I submitted an offer of 10% first. When I did finally get someone to help me,I was told that my offer would be presented to the bank and someone would be in touch in a few days. Still waiting. Everything happens for a reason,I bought a cleaner,nicer,one owner 382 from a member on here.:boat:::

pm203 02-22-2010 05:46 PM

I wish the banks would read this. Managing and selling their assets are of the utmost importance to them. Sounds like alot of these yards could care less. I guess since they do not own the boats, why act responsibly?

MrOffshore 02-22-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3051705)
You are not carrying Top Secret classified info on the same computer you are accessing the public Internet with; I guarantee it. If you are; I'd like to know who you are to report the COMSEC violation to an SSO.

Come on guys maybe you need a refresher course...it's all ball bearings nowadays!