Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My motors arrived today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22504-my-motors-arrived-today.html)

thunderdan 04-19-2002 09:09 AM

Brad,

No problem, ask away. I am more than happy to talk about my babies....Thanks, and yes I am going with the xr drives. I looked at the its package and deceided against it because with the AVH bottom on the AT the set back is not really needed. I have some connections to get my drives warenteed in the first year if I have a problem.;) In my research several of the major engine builders had not problems or concerns with running 675 hp with xr drives so I am going to give it a shot. I really wanted efi package so that made my final decesion a bit easier. I went with KE because of efi package, he makes a great motor with quaility parts, his reputation is excellent, and his motors are so well respected it will make potential trade in/sale eventually easier. His 675 is a 540ci motor and runs only 3lbs of boost. Plus the look great. .;) :D I looked at Pfaff, Sterling, Chief, Richie Zul, Kurt's Marine, and Cobra.
While these were all great engine builders and had a great product, the KE fit my needs the best.
:D :D :D :D

The Wizard 04-19-2002 09:17 AM

Hey man,

Congratulations on the birth of your twins:D :D. They are beautiful!!! Lots of luck with them...I understand you will be attending the NJPPC? Looking forward in meeting you and having a drink of course.....or two.

;)zzie

thunderdan 04-19-2002 10:21 AM

Thanks Ozzie,

Yes i am. Even signed up for the AC poker Run. Are you going to D&B tomorrow?:D

ToddW 04-19-2002 11:11 AM

Dan,
The motors look awesome, can't wait the see the finished product.

Anxiously waiting

SR-24 04-19-2002 11:29 AM

Awesome! I need your job!

Jayl13 04-19-2002 01:53 PM

oh man
I have to go hug the chubbie
See ya at D&B tomorrow
Jason

Dave M 04-19-2002 02:03 PM

Yea, Yea, huh, huh, huh, huh, I think I just inoculated!!

Brad 04-19-2002 03:05 PM

Thunderdan,
How competitive were the prices on the various engines you considered? How did the warrantees compare?

thunderdan 04-19-2002 04:33 PM

Brad,

The KE were competitively priced with the Sterlings and were a bit more than the others. The warentees on the KE were the same or better than the others, 200 hours or 1 year. It seemed as if the standard on the "big name" power was 90 days. As a matter of fact even my local biulder offered zero warentee?? It is pretty obvious, at least it was to me, KE is confident that his motors would last. I did a great deal of research and these were my choice.

Troutly,

The headers are satin on the tubes and polished on the top. This is the way that KE orders them up.

ThunderousDaze 04-19-2002 11:39 PM

Not that much of a "bummer". Could be worse, his choice was 500 efi's with polished lowers, or blown KEITH EICKERT 675 HP with satin lowers....what would YOUR choice be? Anyway, the lowers are not readily visible like the POLISHED tops, and with all the other DAZZLE, no one will ever notice...unless they read your comments! Actually, I am curious as to "why" KE doesn't offer the fully polished tubes, will find out this week and let you know...other than that, go write some tickets MR. TROUTLY!