Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2010 Desert Storm Poker Run to benefit Make a Wish Foundation...Your help needed >

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run to benefit Make a Wish Foundation...Your help needed

Notices

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run to benefit Make a Wish Foundation...Your help needed

Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 3,017 Likes on 987 Posts
Default 2010 Desert Storm Poker Run to benefit Make a Wish Foundation...Your help needed

The 2010 Desert Storm Poker Run is just around the corner. Jim, Lake Racer LLC and the many people who make Desert Storm a must attend event have proven time and time again that their dedication to charity and helping others is precedent when putting on this awesome event.

This year is no different. On Wed. 04-21-10, the Desert Storm staff and several poker run participants have committed to dedicating their time (and boats) to an awesome cause; the Make a Wish Foundation. Volunteers have come forward to give less fortunate children the ride of a lifetime in a high performance powerboat.

Several poker runners have committed but there’s room for more. If you or someone you know is interested in being part of a highlight in a child’s life, please come out and be apart of a great event that is being put together by Jim (Desert Storm/lake racer llc) and Joy (Platnum Powerboat club/Puttin on the wish)

For more info and to donate your time please visit

http://platinumpowerboatclub.com/

www.lakeracerllc.com

Or call 239-470-6165

Hope to see you all at DS2010!

Last edited by thisistank; 02-24-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puttin on the Wish, Desert Storm!

The Platinum Powerboat Club is thrilled to be joining everyone at Desert Storm this year! It is amazing how strong this event is coming together, so far in advance. I would like to Thank Jim Nichols (Lake Racer, LLC) for his kind hearted approach by supporting something so spectacular! As the 1st, of 7 Puttin' on the Wish events scheduled for 2010 Desert Storm is being organized to set the pace for these life changing events. With over 90 (as of today) Make a Wish Foundation participants rsvp'd and joined by the families of the Havasu for Youth program, Desert Storm will definately raise the bar for charity rides and money for the less fortunate. A special Thanks to Kevin Schulte of Hardline Products for going out of his way to help make a difference! The West Coast powerboaters are supporting "Puttin' on the Wish" in record numbers! If you would like to make a difference by sharing your passion of powerboating with some really cool people, call me! There will be a VIP reception for Captain's, guest (1) and sponsors on Tuesday night! The traditional "Puttin' on the Wish" live auction benefiting Make a Wish Foundation of Arizona will be held on the property of the Nautical Inn on Friday evening. To donate a live auction item, please call me! I need items!!! The "Puttin' on the Wish" goal for 2010 is to share over 1,000 powerboat rides and raise over $100,000.00 for children in need while creating positive awareness for our sport! Michael Cooper's $18,500.00 bicycle will be auctioned off again at it's 4th "Puttin' on the Wish" event! Michael Cooper is a fallen child of the Make a Wish Foundation of Michigan and a 3 year mascot of Smoke on the Water! Michael's bicycle continues to make a difference, 1 event at a time, Thanks to powerboaters from around the world! Michael's bicycle is being transported with TLC by Jason Ventura of Brand X Hi-Performance Marine from South Florida! Thank you Jason! If you haven't registered for Puttin' on the Wish charity rides and or the Desert Storm Poker Run, just do it! I attended Desert Storm 2 years ago and I can't wait to go back! I hope to see everyone there! Read all about the "Puttin' on the Wish" events in your next Powerboat Magazine! Joy 239-470-6156