Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pirelli Flooring??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22545-pirelli-flooring.html)

Chris 04-19-2002 10:40 AM

Pirelli Flooring???

What is the best way to clean Pirelli Florring?

Sean 04-19-2002 10:58 AM

I'm interested in seeing what others use as well...mine is pretty old and I was going to try Soft Scrub...

thunderdan 04-19-2002 11:05 AM

I used a solution liquid chlorine( I am a pool boy by trade) and water with a stiff bristle brush to clean my gray pirelli flooring at the begining of the season. I works well for me, I was just real careful around the metal fittings and fasteners and hosed it down real well. But then again, I use liguid chlorine for alot of things i should not use it for. I think soft scrub would work very well also. I will be interested to see what everyone else reccomends.:D

Mike J 04-19-2002 12:09 PM

The Rubber cleaner I use
on most of the boats is
Castrol Super Clean.
Check www.cinemarentals.com
I built the 33 Rib from
a Old Navy Seal Team boat
an it gets a lot of hard
use.
All the decking is covered
so one Slips or falls.
Dilute 3 to 1.
Mike J.

Gordo 04-19-2002 12:14 PM

llama racers know best

I'm with Mike. Castrol Super clean is great stuff. Especially if there is any grease involved. I have also used Softscrubb, (as recomended by another board member), and it works pretty cood also. Plus, it rinses easier.
Wally World sells a cheap off brand of the Castrol Super clean that looks/smells/tastes the same and works just as good.

Mike J 04-19-2002 12:49 PM

Hello Gordo, Good to see
your still around.
Are you going to race all
year???
Hope to see ya at one of the races.
Check on the web site I
Listed, Go to Screen Gallery then Days of our
lives, Im Driving can you
find me.
Mike J.

Gordo 04-19-2002 01:15 PM

Hiya Mike!

Yup!
Scored an outstanding ride with a great team. Bill Park is a lot of fun, and a serious competitor. I'm already having a blast with them and we haven't ran a rce yet. With GM Vortec backing us, this season is gonna Rock !!!
Sounds like we may be going to California if things come together. LLamafeeder was in St. Cloud, but was on his best behavior. I think he needs a tune up.
Hope to see y'all again soon!

Gordo 04-19-2002 01:20 PM

Originally posted by Mike J

Check on the web site I
Listed, Go to Screen Gallery then Days of our
lives, Im Driving can you
find me.

Uuhhhhh, dude, you're gonna need a bigger boat!

SunseekerNY 04-20-2002 01:45 PM

That rubber flooring is a ***** to clean. I've used everything from gasoline (for the creosote) to acetone to softscrub. Nothing worked completely.

I just got back from inspecting the quality of the GRP work at a ship yard in Thailand, which I was blown away with. One thing caught my attention though. Because in Thailand, if they don't have it, they have to make it, they've become very creative. I took a sample of their home-made non-skid flooring to bring back for my ex-husband John at Superboat Powerboats in NY. Although, I've never seen this ingenious technique actually used, I was told that Cigarette has/does use it. Whatever.

The point is that you don't have to buy Pirelli flooring. Any glass shop can manufacture a resin-applied fiberglass non skid over any surface, and it is actually quite easy. I was walked through the entire manufacturing process in under three minutes.

Don't call John about this yet. He hasn't even seen all the samples I brought back for him.

Jennifer