Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Finished my Stereo   SWEEEEET >

Finished my Stereo SWEEEEET

Notices

Finished my Stereo SWEEEEET

Old 04-19-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fever500 be sure to post how things turn out for you, particularly with the JL audio subs and amps...I'm putting things together for mine now and will have a very similar setup for subs and amps......2 JL 12w3 subs, JL 500.1 amp for subs and JL300.4 amp for mids/highs.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

I'm getting ready to do a system for my Carrera Cat, just curious what you guys are spending and the best place to buy. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

OK Will, when we tie up after the Lake Murray Poker Run we expect to hear that baby crank!
Old 04-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Jeff

I have the same system in my Bimmer except I have the Alpine dvd deck. That Sony cd Explode is damn nice w/remote for around $500. I have learned no matter what you put in offshore saltwater boats, the deck craps out in 2 years max. Some don't make it that long. Too much of a beating I guess. Played mine in the shop the other night, I should be able to drown out the dry pipes with it. I Should be on the water with 1600 less hp and 1400 pounds lighter next weekend. Damn I hope this thing will run because I'm sure all the other F-2 canopy boats are running around a 100 mph. If not f@# it. Back to the 1300 blower motors for poker runs. Either way I will have fun.

Old 04-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this is wierd, looks like everyone is getting ready for summer!
I just picked my boat up today: here's the list:

Sony Xplod components;
CDXMP70 head unit
CDX757MX CD changer
2-RMXM10 wired remotes (1 helm-1 transom)

JL Components
2 WO 10- 10" subs
1 500/5 Amp
6- TR650 Speakers (4- cockpit, 2-cabin)
4-Optima batteries wired into existing switch

The guys did a great job with the install. They removed the factory worthless sink unit and built a custom enclosure for the cd changer with the amp mounted above it. Removed the factory under seat ice chest and installed the subs. They also installed some small purple neon tubes above the rear cupholders just for fun
Going to add some more tubes in the cabin for ...ahem...illumination purposes
I will hopefully post photos monday.
BTW: if anyone is looking for a never-used sink unit, I have one for sale.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Registered

Summer Obsession,

If you can post some pics of the install that would be great....I'm planning to go with the Sony CDXM630/757MX head unit combo with 2 remotes as well.....Did they have any problem installing the two remotes for your system? They just "daisy-chain" together with the supplied cables, right?

Also, are all four optimas for the stereo? Are they all just wired in parallel behing one side of the switch??
Old 04-19-2002, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jdnca1

I think I am at the 2k mark for my stereo, however I did all the labor myself. To have someone else do it, add another thousand, it took me total about 40 hours over the winter. But think of it this way its only about 2% the cost of my boat.

Brad,

Yes we their will be allot of fun at Lake Murray in 7 Days and counting down

Will
Old 04-19-2002, 05:47 PM
Fever500

Just got it finished! Damn.... took me three days!!

Grabbed a couple CD's; White Zombie and Prodigy ... cranked 'em up!! Sounds awesome!

Couple of notes:

Need to make enclosures for the subs.

Need to get some Grills for the subs.

Gregr ... you should be crankin' with that 500! The 250 is plenty for my 10's. The guys I bought the stuff from did a 32' Fountain and put 4 10's under the back seat and used that 500 amp.

Need to burn some cool CD's now!

I can't make it to the Poker Run. I will be riding my TL1000R in the VA mountains that weekend! If I hadn't already forked over the $$ for that I would go to the Poker Run! I'm sure you al lwill have a good time without me!

Last edited by Fever500; 04-19-2002 at 05:50 PM.

Old 04-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Cool......I wish I could get my stero upgraded.

Old 04-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Fever500

27Fountain,

I just realized my motorcycle trip is the first weekend in May! S it looks like I can attend the Poker Run after all!

Can you point me to more info on it? I would like to pull down there on Friday and stay the night on the lake if possible!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Finished my Stereo SWEEEEET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.