If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Looking @ 95' Baja Bandit II 24'

I am making the switch from 23' CC console fishing boat to a performance pleasure boat. I would like to know what I should be paying for this boat in what looks to be great shape with 475hrs. Also any insite as to my direction looking at the Baja's or should i be considering others as well. I would appreciate all input both good and bad. Thanks

Cartersville, GA
    Had two friends with Bandits years apart. Cool looking boats, not a lot of room. Its like a sports car boat. But they porposed big time all the time. Better take it out for serious ride before you pull the trigger.

My Boats:
    Baja H2X
    Henderson KY
    I had a friend who owned a solid black one, good looking boat but as jima97 said it did porpoise all the time .
    Last edited by baja bailey; 03-11-2010 at 08:42 AM.

My Boats:
    2002 baja 33 o/l 575sci's
    I had a 91'..... like others said, cool looking boat, fast for
    what it was.....rough riding bastage though.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Ran-Dom 32's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Fountain 42 EX Done Deal aka "Big Sexy"
    Lake St. Clair
    Yep, I owned one, one on the worst riding boats I've ever had, moved up to a 24 Outlaw , night & day. The Bandit would be OK for small inland lakes, thats about it
    official 100 MPH Club member since 2008

My Boats:
    Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
    Channel Islands, So. Cal.
    Not to keep harping on the little Bandit. But I think if you're looking at a 24' Bandit you should SERIOUSLY reconsider and start looking at the 24 Outlaws. More free board, deeper V (24 degree) and a true 24 foot (actually 26' with the swim step) unlike the bandit that includes the built in swim step in it's over all length. The 24 oulaw also has "Classic offshore" lines, unlike the Bandit with it's "Euro style" design.

The Bandit was not very well recieved from what I can tell it's best performance came from those that treated it like a ski boat. Expect it to handle (perform, ride, work) like a ski boat (malibu, natique, Extreme, etc) and you wont be dis-appointed. Expect it to handle like an offshore boat, you will be.

I have owned my '95 Bandit II for 6 yrs now. Everything posted above is spot on. I love the boat- looks awesome and has a strong 496 Mag HO to make it go fast, but look out for serious instability once the outdrive starts to trim up for top speed. You really have to know what you're doing with this boat i.e. how to use trim, throttle, and tabs to drive it for comfort and safety (especially going fast). Not a great biginner boat- even though it was my first boat- I learned by trial and error and now I'm selling and moving up to a 25 Outlaw. HUGE difference.

Oh, one more complaint with the Bandit; no front cleat and no place to grab the side of the boat! both very annoying! What were the designers thinking??