Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Desert Storm 2010 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/225703-desert-storm-2010-a.html)

Therapy Session 03-05-2010 03:23 PM

Desert Storm 2010

I found openings to stay at Pirate Cove Resort. My question is how far by boat will I be from the poker run activities. Is this a good place to stay? This will be my first time there doing the poker run and at this lake. Should I try and find a place that is in Lake Havasu City? Any input would helpful.
I have found a few places that may be available at Kings View Beach Condos. Would this be better? Either way I can't wait for this weekend.

H20 Toie 03-05-2010 03:35 PM

Not sure about that resort,
Check over at Performanceboats.com there are lots of local people to Havasu there.

DrewDown 03-05-2010 04:11 PM

Kings view would be better. Pirate cove would be nice but it is a 45 minute boat ride to where the action is. You will want to stay in town (havasu) for the night life. Other places to stay= Nautical Inn, Queens bay and The Heat.

H20 Toie 03-05-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by DrewDown (Post 3060602)
Kings view would be better. Pirate cove would be nice but it is a 45 minute boat ride to where the action is. You will want to stay in town (havasu) for the night life. Other places to stay= Nautical Inn, Queens bay and The Heat.

The Nautical is sold out, there were some rooms at London
bridge last time i checked

DrewDown 03-05-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie (Post 3060637)
The Nautical is sold out, there were some rooms at London
bridge last time i checked

I'd go for it. They have docks so you can leave the boat in over night.

Therapy Session 03-05-2010 06:54 PM

Thanks for all the input. I have been searching the net and found some homes for rent for about same price as condos

DrewDown 03-05-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Therapy Session (Post 3060668)
Thanks for all the input. I have been searching the net and found some homes for rent for about same price as condos

We rent homes when we go. Only down side is pulling your boat in and out of the water every night. Not that big of deal but the ramps will be busy that weekend.

x7734x 03-05-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by DrewDown (Post 3060674)
We rent homes when we go. Only down side is pulling your boat in and out of the water every night. Not that big of deal but the ramps will be busy that weekend.

Yep, don't stay in pirates cove you be way far away from the action.

What days are everyone going to be pulling into town?

We will be pulling in early Thursday morning.

Therapy Session 03-07-2010 08:15 PM

Well I finally booked a room at the Hampton Inn. Looks like it is close to most of the activities. Just wondering if anybody has stayed there. They told me they had a good sized parking lot for trucks and trailers. Really looking forward to this one.

thisistank 03-07-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Therapy Session (Post 3062081)
Well I finally booked a room at the Hampton Inn. Looks like it is close to most of the activities. Just wondering if anybody has stayed there. They told me they had a good sized parking lot for trucks and trailers. Really looking forward to this one.

You'll be fine at the Hamptons Inn. Basic hotel. It's only about 1/4 mile from the London Bridge and about 1 mile from The Nautical Inn (host hotel) and you shouldn't have a prob finding parking for hte boat/trailer.

You'll have two choices to launch. Windsor just north of your hotel and if you sign up with the poker run you can launch at the Nautical.

If you have any questions PM me and I'll help you out any way I can. You're in for a blast. It's an insane weekend, like no other Poker Run.

Here's some updated info:

More schedule of events info:

Wednesday April 21st

Lake Racer LLC/Desert Storm Poker Run Platinum Powerboat Club/Puttin’ on the wish presents a day with the kids. Poker run participants will volunteer their time (and boats) to this worthy cause and be apart of a memorable day.

For more info and to donate your time please visit

http://platinumpowerboatclub.com/

www.lakeracerllc.com

Or call 239-470-6165

Thursday April 22nd

Desert Storm Street Party

9:00 am – 12:00
pm set up.
12:00 pm – 9:30
pm Street party and boat show (open to all)

Event registration for poker run and shootout on McCullock across from Mad Dogs Saloon. Look for the Lake Racer motor home.

Friday April 23rd

Desert Storm Poker Run

8:00 – 10:00 am
Poker Run sign in – Nautical Resort cove area. Shoot out registration open all day.

8:30 – 9:00 am
Poker Run captains meeting – Nautical Resort Cove. Mandatory attendance for all captains!

10:00 am
Fleet gathering for the channel parade – Thompson Bay off Nautical Inn beachfront.

10:45 am – 1:00 pm
Havasu Springs Station #1 card stop (sponsored by Wozencraft Ins.)

Havasu Landing Station #2 card stop (sponsored by Nordic Boats)

Thompson Bay Station #3 card stop (sponsored by Extreme Marine)

11:00 am – 2:30 pm
Lunch – pick one of the many restaurants available and enjoy!

2:30 – 4:30 pm
Afternoon run, no official start due to permit rules. Take your time and enjoy the lake.

Photo Station open (Sponsored by Pirate Cove Marina) – Helicopter photo included with your registration. In order to obtain an areal photo participants are reuired to visit the photo station and line up for the helicopter photos. Boats are released one at a time. Participants will receive two or three great photos! (Suggestion – max speed 60 mph).

Black Meadow Landing Station #4 (Sponsored by Evo Boats)

Crazy Horse Station #5 (Sponsored by Az. Hot Boats)

3:00 – 6:00 pm
Stereo Contest by Gazda Marine Services and Rockford Fosgate
Judging will take place at the Nautical Inn Resort Parking Lot and the Nautical Inn Docks
Awards will be handed out at the Banquet on Sat. night.
Cash Prizes will be awarded based on number of entries.
Judging will be based on:
Installation
Installation Creativity
Sound Quality
For more info contact Gaza Marine Services (602)-292-2207

6:30 – 9:30 pm
Poker Run outdoor party…Music, Pizza and Budweiser at the Nautical Resort Cove.
Poker hand turn in will be at the event registration tables. Visit with your friends and our sponsors! Enjoy the evening. Lines tend to be long, so relax, enjoy yourself, and check back when the lines are shorter.

Saturday April 24th

Desert Storm Shootout

Run the two mile course from Thompson Bay to Copper Canyon along the Arizona Shoreline. With over 30 different classes available, you’ll compete against boats like yours! Safety equipment is required; see rules in your registration packet.

8:00 am
Drivers meeting

8:30 am
Tech inspection begins at starting line (near houseboat).

9:00 am – 12: pm
Shootout – Thompson Bay in front of The Nautical Inn

12:00 noon – 1:30 pm
Lunch Break

1:30 – 4:00 pm
Shootout continues – Thompson Bay

Dinner and Awards Banquet

6:30 pm
Cocktails – Lake Havasu Aquatic Center

7:00 pm
Dinner – Lake Havasu Aquatic Center (Wrist bands required).

8:00 pm
Awards and prize raffles – Lake Havasu Aquatic Center.

Sunday April 25th

Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association Races

10:30 am - 2:00 pm

Racing in the Thompson Bay to Copper Canyon (just south of Thompson Bay and the Nautical Inn).

Watch your favorite West Coast racers compete in this great venue for Offshore Boat Racing. Special guest racers and added surprise racing is in the works, stay tuned!

Then after the professionals finish, there will be a new feature for 2010:

With the course clear and ready, we invite the Poker Run teams to show us what they can do!! This is the right place to open those boats up and have the course to your selves. POPRA rules will be in effect and proper life jackets and helmets are required. Register early to ensure your spot.