If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gold Member Gold Member Enticer Rick's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 35 Cigarette Top Gun
    Lake St Clair Metropark, Harrison Township, MI

Full Cover Canvas With Windscreen

Saw this on a 25 Sunsation, thinking about a custom canvas for are 28 powerquest. I have the windscreen. Looking for practical means for overnight trips with this type of canvas. Any feed back?

Charter Member #71 Charter Member DanB's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Cig
    Debary, FL
    I had an enclosure made up when I lived up in Grand Rapids...they added zippers to my bimini and built a canvas enclosure around the cockpit..windscreen and side curtins are made out of plastic and it has screens for when you roll the side curtins down. The back slopes down to the transom and is solid. All made out of Sunbrella. Looks and works great.
    The guy who did it is in Fruit port. Canvass Creations 616 865-1453. Total cost with my bimini was about $1450

My Boats:
    Velocity 290 VR- 1
    Lakewood, NY, USA
    I had one made for my Velocity 280. Everthing attaches to the Bimini. It consists of the following parts. Clear vinyl aft curtain, side curtains with clear vinyl and a clear vinyl curtain in the front that snaps in front of the low lexan windscreen.

Everything zips to the bimini and uses the snaps that were on the boat for the mooring cover (a few additional snaps were added). Make sure you have some zip out windows with screens sewed into the side curtains.

I wanted a tall long bimini but the support tubes, when collapsed, were too long to store in the engine compartment so we had to modify the bimini. To solve this problem, we cut off the last 14 inches of the tubing, inserted a appropiate size solid section of aluminum round stock drilled a hole for a quick release pin and we can now shorten it enough to store it in the engine compartment. Before we store the bimini, we collapse it pull the quick release and take off the end sections of tubing on both sides, the results is a nice high bimini that you can stand under and covers the entire cockpit.

VIP Member Platinum Member wwwTOPDJcom's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'
    Vestal/Binghamton NY
    this works for me , covers engine hatch too, clear windows
    so if I get in some rain I can still drive. I dont have a windshield
    so this killed 2 bird's with one stone, also I dont even dare go over 40 with it up, just too much resistance, does not convert
    to bimini top though! I can run with the front only.
    Attached Images Attached Images