Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mercedes Boat Speed Run! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/225975-mercedes-boat-speed-run.html)

HotPursuit 03-14-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3066964)
WOW..over 8000 views, and only 99 comments...WTH...This is one hell of an accomplishment...

My feelings and many others feel like Gino should have been part of the team running the Mti.
Owning the boat and paying a professional driver and stick man takes away from
the speed.. A great accomplishment but looks like a pro Race Team instead of a weekend poker runner. :drink:

TOASTY 03-14-2010 10:34 AM

Gino wasnt in the boat?
Byrdman did this + 2-3 years ago with JC and Zuls crew.
and Byrd drove

still fast whenever you do it.
be safe guys

Jassman 03-14-2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit (Post 3066991)
My feelings and many others feel like Gino should have been part of the team running the Mti.
the speed.. A great accomplishment but looks like a pro Race Team instead of a weekend poker runner. :drink:

Keith..I think that's bullsh!t. A few of you guys can drive just as good as what was needed as far as level of experience goes that day.. Besides some of you guys raced anyways... as well as have gone over 160mph. If it was a Skater I bet you'd be saying different.:lolhit:

schnydo 03-14-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3067020)
Keith..I think that's bullsh!t. A few of you guys can drive just as good as what was needed as far as level of experience goes that day.. Besides some of you guys raced anyways... as well as have gone over 160mph. If it was a Skater I bet you'd be saying different.:lolhit:

WHATHESAID

ApachePete 03-14-2010 11:18 AM

I think Gino showed his smarts by letting the pros do it.

VERY dangerous undertaking in an open boat, IMO.

HotPursuit 03-14-2010 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3067020)

I could give a rats as* what kind of a hull it was!! He did it to take over the worlds fastest pleasure boat!! Gino did race Jeff,, I'll go on record that anyone in anyhull on OSO talks about how fast they run aleast be driving.We went through this in Jacksonville with the cat killer V. Reggie sent a race boat to poker run. I did say it was a great run you asked why not many post after 9000 views!! I answered and was my opinion,, I to have a membership.

HotPursuit 03-14-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by schnydo (Post 3067033)
WHATHESAID

Buy a membership it will mean more

ENOUGH SAID

LubeJobs42 03-14-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit (Post 3066991)

First of all no professional were hired! Larry Goldman is always in the boat with me. He runs the boat every single event. Johnny was asked as a friendly favor to throttle for 3 reasons.

1. Johnny throttled Pure Platinum with Bill, he throttle the Mercedes boat with Larry.
2. Medical reasons-it was unanimous that I didn't run the boat for this particular run.
3. My family asked me not to due to number 2.

I assure you, as long as my medical condition is better then it was last week, I will be in the boat when we break 200 very soon!

I raced for 4 years, does that make me a professional? I have ran the boat every run except this one particular day!

HotPursuit 03-14-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ApachePete (Post 3067037)
I think Gino showed his smarts by letting the pros do it.

VERY dangerous undertaking in an open boat, IMO.

Really JT was holding the camera with one hand and throtting with the other.No helmets wearing his socks!! They did a great job,,world fastest pleasure boat not race boat.

HotPursuit 03-14-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 3067059)
First of all no professional were hired! Larry Goldman is always in the boat with me. He runs the boat every single event. Johnny was asked as a friendly favor to throttle for 3 reasons.

1. Johnny throttled Pure Platinum with Bill, he throttle the Mercedes boat with Larry.
2. Medical reasons-it was unanimous that I didn't run the boat for this particular run.
3. My family asked me not to due to number 2.

I assure you, as long as my medical condition is better then it was last week, I will be in the boat when we break 200 very soon!

I raced for 4 years, does that make me a professional? I have ran the boat every run except this one particular day!

I would have waited to you could have.I'll say it again great job great run and look forward to your safe success.was not trying to take away from the speed just answered what alot of people have been saying behind the keyboard!! :drink: