Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Feedback Please:Sleekcraft/Magic Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22598-feedback-please-sleekcraft-magic-powerboats.html)

IDRPSTF 04-20-2002 12:34 PM

Feedback Please:Sleekcraft/Magic Powerboats

I have 3 clients looking for this style of boat. One 29 Midcabin single. One 23/25 Suck Boat open bow (Possible Bravo) and one 35ish Twin. I had a chance to speak with the Sales Mngr. About many of the companies improvements since the buyout and merger but I would like to hear about the quality from owners. How is the overall integrety of the hull? Is everything in the same placewhen you come back to the dock as it was when you leave on a snotty day? How has service been within the past six months? And most important, would you buy another sleekcraft or Magic? What would you change about the boat? and Which Model is your personal fav.? Thank you again to the board members who repley. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Matthew W.DeLisio

LakeRacer 04-20-2002 12:38 PM

SleekCraft/Magic

Ask this question on the American Hot Boat Association message board. Many of the members there own SleekCrafts and Magics

IDRPSTF 04-21-2002 03:21 PM

1 stinkin reply. This company sells 100 boats per year and get 1 stinkin reply. Im hurt!!!!

Steamin Rice 04-21-2002 03:35 PM

I haven't really been on one myself, but people who currently own them seem to be fairly happy with what they get. You may also want to post this question on the hotboat.net board......

Indy 04-21-2002 08:23 PM

I do know that Sleek suffered some quality issues with the old ownership, but with the new owners, the quality has been brought back. This has transpired recently. You're better off posting on www.riverracerx.com, its a West Coast board and the owner, Keith Sayer is active there. He can fill you in on history and newer construction methods on the boats. There are also Sleek owners that can give feedback also.

Duane 04-21-2002 11:05 PM

I have owned 2 Magics, one when Ken Brown owned it and one under the Sleekcraft ownership. Both boats were built very well with the one built by the new owner a little better. I would stay away from the boats built from 93-96. It was during these years that they were very involved with the Catalina Ski race, and were trying to save some weight on their boats. I have known two boats in those year ranges where the bottom has gone soft and totally had to be re-built.

I had the unfortunate experience of getting into a bad accident in my first one. I ran it into a shear cliff at 60 mph and survived to tell about it. Considering the impact, the boat held together very well. Both fuel cells stayed in place, and the motors didn't budge. I believe it was because of the solid construction that I survived the accident. I would buy another in a heartbeat.