Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LDD/Steven Wade Thomas VS. PS85 Conclusion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/226010-ldd-steven-wade-thomas-vs-ps85-conclusion.html)

Indy 03-10-2010 06:24 AM

Continue to put the screws to this scumbag, ruin his life through bad credit ratings, liens, collection agencies, and whatever legal means to make his life as difficult as possible.

danh63 03-10-2010 06:37 AM

Too bad that jack a$$ doesn't have to spend time in jail!

Audiofn 03-10-2010 06:56 AM

It is almost to bad that the judgement is for so much. It is not like he is going to even try and pay that were as if you got a judgement for say 20K maybe he would at leaste attempt to pay. The good news is if you sell off the debt even at 3 cents on the dollar you get back the initial investment. I am guessing that if you get about 8-10 cents you can pay the legal, all your travel, time and so on. My guess is that the guy no longer owns anything in his name.

RaggedEdge 03-10-2010 07:04 AM

I agree with Ebay Ed in that a judgement does not mean you can run right out and collect, but it is a solid step in that direction. Often these do catch up with people down the road.

Stick with your program and best of luck. Sometimes the good guys do win!

Jassman 03-10-2010 07:33 AM

I am glad it worked out in your favor.. I despise a thief, crook and a fraud.

powerabout 03-10-2010 10:57 AM

In OZ/UKyou can put a lien on wages/income should they ever be employed again
Tax man might like to know what income he does actually have

Ebay Ed 03-10-2010 11:00 AM

once everything is filed you can get anything that is in his name i beleive even including anything he might ever inherit, lottery winnings tax return money stick it to him good

Steve_H 03-10-2010 11:27 AM

I got a judgement in small claims court and had the guys wages garnished. Shortly after the garnishment started he contacted me and wanted to pay up in full if I would agree to file a "Judgement Satisfied" form with the court. He paid and I filed the paper.

If you would be happy with getting your money back plus expenses you could offer the same deal to LDD, although making his life hell by selling the judgement seams more appropriate considering what a slime-ball he turned out to be. :evilb:

jayboat 03-10-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_H (Post 3064269)
If you would be happy with getting your money back plus expenses you could offer the same deal to LDD, although making his life hell by selling the judgement seams more appropriate considering what a slime-ball he turned out to be. :evilb:

+1 :drink: Put that old time kaarma to work.

AppSysCons 03-10-2010 02:53 PM

A judgment does not mean you have to pay.

I had a New Jersey court judgment against the guy who bought my race boat, when he did not pay. Even with the judgment, we could not do anything, until he tried to buy/sell a house or borrow money. At that point, we got paid.